15

Y/n POV

I see Miles walk in my room. "Ok, I sent Flora back home. Now, your really not going to like this." Miles tells me.
"I'm in a hospital bed, just woke up from a who knows how long coma, survived cardiac arrest, has 3 broken ribs, and a broken leg. What else do you think I won't like bub?" I say back.
"Do you remember what happened? How you got here?" Miles asks me.
"All I remember is walking home from your house, it was dark, and I see head lights." I say.
"That's all?"
"Yep."

Miles takes a deep breath and sighs. "The reason why you're here is because of Ben." Miles says.
"Ben? Ben Taylor? Asshole Ben Taylor?" I ask.
"Yeah. He hit you with his dads car."

Are you kidding me.
"You're kidding right?" I ask pissed and confused.
"I'm not. He went back to my house,-"
"He's at your house?! What the hell Miles? I-"
"It was an accident. His dad was drunk and he tried stopping him from hurting himself and other people!" Miles complains.
"Stopping drunk people from driving is one thing Miles! Running people over with the drunk persons car is another!" I yell.

"Y/n, just trust me with this, I swear-"

"Miles! I could have died! And your taking his side!"
"He called 911 and saved your ass! I have to give him credit for saving you!"

"He put me in this bed! He could have killed me!"

"Yeah well I could have killed you too!" Miles yelled.

"w-what?" I ask.
"When you went into cardiac arrest, a doctor came to me and told me there was a chance you could die during the surgery. I had to make a choice for you. I had to chose if I wanted to keep you suffering or let you free!" Miles yells.

"Where are my parents? That's my parents decision!" I say.

No response.

"Miles, where are my parents? Where is my family!" I yell.

"T-they left. I'm sorry. They went home." Miles said.

"You didn't stop them?" I ask. Tears forming and streaming down my blood stained cheek.

"I couldn't. I didn't realize that they wouldn't come back." Miles says. "Did you even think about talking to them and saying you know, hey I'm your daughters boyfriend. You should stay here and be strong for her!"

My heart monitor keeps beeping. Miles looks up to it and calls a nurse. What's going on? I'm scared.

Miles POV

"Help! Help!" I shout.
Nurses run in, and take y/n out of the room and to a different part of the building.

Flashback

"Miles, if she does wake up, and you don't have to make the decision, keep an eye on her heart monitor. If it goes up 70 beats per minute, her heart could rip the stitches out and she can and will bleed internally. Keep her calm until she is stable. Ok?"

I nod.

End of flashback.

I walk back to the waiting room. This was all my fault. I should have walked her home. I should have made sure she was safe.
And she hates me. I can feel it