13

Miles POV

I met y/ns parents. Wow. I didn't expect them to be here. I didn't even know the hospital people found their contact. Whatever. I'm just glad y/n is getting help.

After y/ns parents leave, a nurse walks into the waiting room and tells me,
"Miles? You can visit now." The nurse said to me. I walk into the dimmed room, with tears in my eyes.  "Y/n? I-I" I was too horrified to speak. I am now witnessing a dead mans work. Well, soon to be dead man. I walk closer to y/n. I observe the wires and needles and tubes all connected to her body. I gently reach for her hand, and put it in my larger grasp. "Once I find out who did this, I swear, it will be the last you see him." I say.

An hour later or so, the nurse walks in and says to me,
"Someone would like to see you Miles." She walks out the doorway and someone who I had no idea walks in.

"Ben? Why are you here?" I ask.
"Miles I'm sorry"
"Sorry about what? This?"
"It was an accident...I didn't know she was there I'm sorry!" Ben pleads.
"You did this?!"
"My dad was drunk and I took his keys and I drove off and she was there and-"
I cut him off with a punch.

I just kept punching. Bens nose getting bloodier and bloodier with each strike. A nurse, and a bystander rushes in and breaks the fight.

"H-He hit her with his car!" I yell.

The nurse is cleaning up Ben, and the bystander, by the name of Alexander tries talking to me.

"Hey, I know what it's like to loose a friend. I've been there." Alexander says to me. "She's not dead. And she's my girlfriend" I correct him. "Ok, well, I've still been there." He looks at me.
"How old are you kid?" He asks.
"I'm 16, she's 15. How old are you?" I ask.
"27." Alexander responds.
I just nod. "How did your friend die?" I ask.
"He was shot in the head." He says.
"What happened?"I ask out of curiosity.
"One of our men went insane and shot him. I guess fighting really got to his head." Alexander says.
"Men? Fighting? What are you, in the military or something?" I ask.
"U.S Marine" He responds.
"Oh." I reply.

Really 'Oh?' That's all I can say to the guy? Shit I'm pathetic.

"You dont have to show any sort of gratitude towards me. Your in a difficult time right now, i understand that." Alexander says.

I just nod.

"So, Alexander, why are you here?" I ask.

"Just call me Al, and my daughter is here for radiation."  Al, responds.

"She has cancer?" I ask.
"Yeah. Stage 4 Leukemia. It's terrible how a 5 year old has to go through such life draining things so early in life." He says.

"I'm sorry." I say.
"What can we do. Nothing. Besides, you shouldn't worry about me. Worry about your girl in there. Go in and make her feel safe. It will do both of you some good." Al advises me.
I agree. I get up, and walk back into y/ns room.
Al, Waves to me and wishes luck for y/n.
How could someone in situations like that be so happy?

I make my way into y/ns room.
She's not there? The bed isn't there!

I go to the receptionist and ask where she is.

"Sir, y/n was taken into immediate surgery, she went into cardiac arrest when you left."

————————————————-
Finally updated since like forever!