5

Y/n POV

As Miles and I walk down the wooden steps to the basement, I take consideration of how many spider webs are down here.

"Is there a light anywhere?" I ask. "No. The house is extremely nice old. We have to use lanterns." Miles says. "Damn when was the house built. 1429?" I ask.

"No. It was built by my great great great grandfather and his brothers. It was built 1834. Somehow, I don't know when, we were able to remolded the entire thing." Miles tells me. "Here. It's going to get dark." He says as he grabs my hand. "Miles?" I ask. "Yeah?" "I have a bad feeling about this." I say looking down at our hands, still intertwined. "It's ok." He says. I nod.

How did he get so protective over me?

"Miles?" I ask again.

Before I know, Miles finds the book. He flips through it, while I'm standing there. Staring.

"Hey Miles?" Is say again.
"Yeah?" He says. "Since when have you gotten so-"

Then, a crash. Not like a glass breaking but a shelf of tin and glass busting down to pieces.
I notice Miles get in front of me.
"Stay behind me, and don't move." He whispers.
I nod and get as close as possible. I've felt with things before. But not dangerous demons and shit like that.

"Miles......I'm scared."
"It's ok."

More and more crashes happen. Slowly getting closer to me and Miles.

I hug Miles from behind. My head digging into the back of his shoulders. Miles turns around, now fully hugging me. "Miles? Miles! MI-"

I wake up. Not in my bed, but. Miles?
"Miles? You there?" I yell.

"Right here" He says poking his head out of his bathroom.
I get up from his bed. "What happened. What time is it?"
"We were in the basement, one of my ghosts attacked you, threw a can of something at your head and knocked you out. I carried you back up here and now we're here. At 11:39 at night, getting ready for bed." Miles tells me.

"Oh. Um. Ok then. I'm staying over? Do I need a guest room?" I ask.
"I was actually thinking of you could sleep with me tonight. If you'd like. Not that I'm asking but you know. I don't want you being lonely tonight." He stutters.
"I'd like that." I say.

Miles finishes brushing his teeth and pulls y/n into bed with him so they both are facing each other.

"Hey Miles. I never got to ask. Since when have you been so protective of me?" I ask.

"My ghosts say that I would never find anyone to love. But I knew something would happen if I were with you, if I kept you by my side." Miles said.

"You knew something would happen? What would happen? What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, I think I like you, not like, but love you y/n." Miles said. "I love you too." I say back.

Slowly, our lips collided and yet so softly did they move in sync, like a melody to a song.

"Is that what you meant, by something would happen?" I ask staring into Miles' dark eyes.

"Yeah"

And like that, they fell asleep, hold each other in their arms.

He found the light to his darkness