Kurapika: Heart beat

Nira's POV

It's been two months since I joined the Phantom Troupe, but I refused to have their tattoo. I don't really know why I was chosen to be one of their members, I don't kill, and I'm not yet a strong nen user. I'm a manipulator, and I take control of nature and may create its resources into something else, like maybe making a rock monster out of rocks. I don't do elements and natural disasters of course. And I have never tried controlling people like others do. Still, I am in the middle of discovering more of my nen.

"Nira, we have another meeting with Danchou" Machi called me from my spot on the roof top

"I'll be right down, Machi" I answered and she walked away.

Ever since that day I saw him, I never wanted to see him again. The last Kurta. How can he be that captivating? He's an enemy, so I'm not supposed to feel what I felt when I saw him. I heard his name is Kurapika.

I sat with the troupe and it felt like something is up. I mean, it's not like the usual meetings that we have, this time, it felt like this meeting has something to do with my failure during the last encounter we had with that charming scarlet-eyed blonde.

"Nira" Chrollo began, and I looked at him, "in this troupe, you know we kill. But you..." he paused as if picking his words carefully,

"You don't seem to have the guts"

"I don't" I honestly answered

"You know why Danchou chose you?" Nobunaga asked

"Not really"

"You don't seem to understand your ability. It has the potential for great strength, so you're here to train as well" Machi explained to me

"Also, he took you in because you simply have nowhere to go. It would be a waste" she continued

"If this means using my ability to finally be able to control people or hurt people, that's not going to happen" I stood up and began to walk to the exit

"We're not done" Feitan said

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, "yes, we are" then I looked at Chrollo "I'm sorry Chrollo, I don't think I'm the one you're looking for" I said and quickly left.

They didn't follow me though I heard Phinks, Machi and Shalnark call out to me. I didn't stop and I'm not going back. Since I'm out of the troupe, I guess Kurapika is not my concern anymore.

But boy was I wrong.

•••
I was just walking around Yorknew city looking for a payphone so I can call Reishu, my sister. But then, I remembered that she and her husband are living somewhere else. They just got married so, I guess Nathan is a better option. When I saw a payphone, I raced towards it and just when I'm about to take it, someone put his hand over the phone like he's owning it. I was surprised and faced the impolite person, "you know you don't own this..." I stopped in shock. It's the Blonde Kurta.

"I'm surprised to see you're alone, where are the others?" He asked me with a frown

Great.

"Uhh... I left today, like... I resigned from their group... I quit" I was disoriented that I just found the right thing to say late.

Kurapika's expression softened a bit, then suddenly, something seem to hit his thoughts that he turned serious and he grabbed my wrist then started walking somewhere

"Hey! Where are we—"

"Just follow me if you want to live"

"What?"