Feitan: Memories and Magic

Hello there! Thank you for waiting! So for this story, I 'stole' the concept of the movie, "Now You See Me" (check it out if you haven't watched it yet. It's awesome!) because I need some of it. So this is not a crossover unless you want it to be (I'll see what I can do if this was chosen).

In this universe though, "Now You See Me" will be a book rumored to be based from real events, and our characters here are immitating the magic tricks and illusions used. However, some tricks that would be mentioned— further in the story if this got selected—are modified based from references.

Thank you so much again and enjoy!

•••

We made promises that we will see each other again. But we never did. It's been eight years but she never even tried to communicate. I'm beginning to forget what she looked like.

A month has passed after the attack of the chimera ants. Nira is currently working with a Robinhood type of group. The group follows the concept of the 'Horsemen' who uses magic for the greater good. Hundreds have an explanation but thousands of other tricks and illusions are beyond even Science. Pretty much like the famous book.

"Nira, we have a problem" her colleague, Drone told her the moment she arrived in their meeting place in an abandoned warehouse.

"Okay, get on with it" Nira at 23, answered.

"The Phantom Troupe is getting in our way. They keep targeting our target locations and they steal whatever is in there. With them around, our operations are screwed" their leader, Asten informed

Their silent member named Warren just looked at Nira, as usual. He speaks sometimes. But most of the time always stares at her. It was uncomfortable for her at first but she got used to it overtime thinking it's just something he always does to people.

"Okay, so have you plotted their next target?" Nira asked

"I was getting there" Asten replied

"They noticed us, and are plotting on us. So we have to lie low for at least a few months" he declares

"It's not like they can actually tell where we are. We're everywhere" Nira scoffed

"Don't be too confident, sweetheart" Drone grinned

Nira crossed her arms, "told you to drop the nickname" she smirked

Warren grumbled and the only female member turned her attention to him,

"What is it, Warren?" she asked

He was silent and his brows furrowed after a few moments. He felt danger coming and his colleagues noticed the tension. Asten, who understands Warren most of the time, stood from his seat

"We have to get out of here" he said and everyone immediately went for the exit. Before they could reach the door, something came crashing from above through the roof.

"Get back!" Asten shouted and all of them jumped back shielding their faces with their arms.

            The dirt died down revealing the Phantom Troupe. They have been found.

"Oh... I expected them to be a bigger group, turns out they're not" the blonde guy said with an unusually cheery expression

"Retreat!" Asten shouts at his members and he creates a commotion with dust flying around him and he disappears. Nira and Warren ran to the nearest old cloth.

The pink-haired woman moved her hands and Drone felt thin strings tightly wrapped around his body

"Drone!" Warren turned back