Killua: Cursed

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I've been busy.... And lazy 😂 but oh well, here's the story 😉 enjoy

.......................................................

Nira's POV

They said that on the 5th day of Septemper, the pattern starts with the first strike of lightning during the storm. It's been like the horror story of this town that doesn't make any sense to me. It happens every year, like a cue for something to start. When the day arrives, people around town never leave their houses beyond 6:00 PM and they lock themselves at home. Some even sprinkle holy water around their house. Even the offices close an hour before 6 PM just to avoid the cursed lightning, like what they call it.

I asked Nathan about the whole story, and he only told me the rumors. Hearing it, the more I wanted to check for myself. By the way, today is Septemper 5.

"Nira! I told you not to look out the window!" Nathan shouted at me

I jumped away from the window and put my hand over my chest where my heart is, "geez! Don't panic, it's not like it's coming for me through the window" and it's just raining hard with normal rumbling of the thunder.

Nathan groaned and pulles me away from the window, "don't start thinking of going out there" he said as he lets go of my arm when we already reached the living room

"What? I'm not planning it, who would be crazy enough to go out there?" I crossed my arms in front of me trying to look innocent, but at the same time, defending myself from my brother trying to see through me

He copied my actions but he looked authoritative and gave me a stern look, "really?" He raised an eyebrow

I held his gaze for a moment then scoffed as I dropped my arms "okay, fine!But com'n, don't tell me you believe those stuff, are they even true?"

Nathan groaned for the nth time as he massaged his forehead "Nira. Do you really have to ask that when it's obvious?"

"I'm not buying it"

"Say that to the town" he turned around and went to get a newspaper in the cabinet beneath the television.

He walked to me and gave me the newspaper "just get some sleep after reading that, you have school tomorrow"

"Psh..." I turned my heel and went straight to my room.

Moving here last month was a wreck, I can't sleep especially in a town with a rumored curse. I walked in the room and jumped in my bed then I displayed the newspaper in front of me to read the contents.

From the description alone, I already can immagine how gore the situation looks like and the thing killing all these people does not hesitate nor have mercy. I guess it is true then. I felt my heart increase its rate for a moment then I threw the newspaper to the ground. Quickly, I tucked myself under the covers and turned my bedside lamp on.

When I started to drift to sleep, I was completely awoken by the sound of my window slaming open. The wind was too strong that the cold shook me awake. I sat up and looked at my window. When I was about to go and close it, already near the window, lightning struck. I didn't expect it to be different. The lightning.... It's like it spead across the town distributing electricity all over it. I screamed and went back under the covers. I waited....

"You're not from around here, are you?" a male's voice said

I pushed the blanket away from my face and looked around my room. My eyes fell on a black-haired man, and he is sitting on my windowsill