Kurapika: His Chains

This is not included in the selection. Just a little one shot I had in mind

______________________________
Tonight will be the death of her innocence. She's only sixteen, a girl full of dreams and hungry for adventure, but it was all taken away when she was kidnapped by these men that day when she was walking home alone after visiting her sister Reishu.

She was added to those girls kept clean, fed and untouched to be sold soon to rich men for pleasure, and the night came when it was her batch's turn. She knows nen but it's very weak and unpolished, she's a transmuter but couldn't control well so she shut it out though she still sees nen and can sense auras. Just the basic things.

Some of the girls in the van were crying, but some are whimpering trying to hold their tears. Few of them were just silent, including Nira.

"I want to go home" a girl aged fourteen whined softly to her seatmate

"Will you guys shut up, none of us are going home" an older teen hissed at the poor girl

"Harsh" a red-haired teen, Hina comments

"It's true" Nira added and they looked at her. She never spoke to any of them and this was the first time they heard her.

"Why does it suddenly feel lighter in here hearing from a silent girl?" Hina smirked

"Whatever, you can laugh" Nira looked out the window but couldn't see outside since it was heavily covered

Hina chuckled, "we're going to be okay" she said nicely

"Thanks" Nira replied in a hushed tone but Hina heard it and smiled a little.

They arrived at their destination. It was a huge fancy mansion built on top of a mountain deep in the forest. There are decorations and light outside and loud music blasting inside. Helicopters and fancy cars arrived as well

"Let's go ladies! Remember to smile!" their 'manager' enthusiastically led them towards the front door. The ladies were then chained on their wrists then ushered inside.

•••

"Leorio, they got in" Kurapika communicated through his earpiece

"Copy that prince charming"

"Drop the nickname"

"It suits you! Com'n, a handsome young man going on a mission to save some ladies, sounds like a fairytale"

"Ugh, stop. It's cringy— focus Leorio!"

"Ok, ok. Relax, it won't be long until they get presented" Leorio chuckled

Kurapika sighed and got out of his hidding place. Leorio stayed in his station and waved at him. They're both wearing their suits and Kurapika kept pulling his necktie "why is it so tight?" he muttered. He walked to a seat not far away from his team and waited.

•••

A few minutes later, the show began. The host started with a few girls while Leorio watched the man responsible for the exchange sitting with his business partners.

"Up on the front, Kurapika. Mr. Vodka. He doesn't look so nice so be careful" Leorio informed.

Kurapika kept silent, and he got ready. He looked over at his comrade and gave each other signals.

"Next up! Nira!" The host called for the next girl and she was pushed on the stage. Nira stood there like she's chilling on the sidewalk, and she looked really pissed with her outfit: an off shoulder top and shorts that barely covers her thighs, but she's a bit thankful for the thick heeled black boots, "you can call her Tigres, she's a fiesty one" the host added while the men in the room cheered

"Nira!" Her manager called for her from the audience and indicated her to smile

No matter how pissed she is, she smiled, sarcastically but it looked good enough for the others interested.

"Get ready" Kurapika said through his earpiece.

Several bets were made and the man who looked around his twenties won with the highest betted price.

"She's sold!"

The next thing they knew, the music stopped and the flashing lights shut off leaving everyone confused. The audience complained while the other ladies in the back stage grew curious. Then Kurapika's team brought out their guns and began shooting while Leorio went after the ladies to protect them. Nira stayed on the stage and crouched down to avoid bullets just in case, but she has to get out.

While the chaos went on, Hina ran to her and pulled her up "let's go!" she shouted. They both still have their shackles so it was difficult for them to run. The rest of the ladies are kept in place, crouching down and covering their ears.

Hina and Nira went for the exit but were blocked by Mr. Vodka

"You know what happens to naughty little girls" he said with an evil grin while he's holding a heavy gun. He lifted it and pointed at the two "rest in peace" he said

Nira charged at him, crashing her body against his and they both fell to the ground. Hina struggled getting the gun away but Mr. Vodka was quick and got on his feet then kicked Hina away.

He retrieved his gun and pointed at Hina. Just when he pulled the trigger, chains came flying towards the gun that it came off his grasp. He didn't have time to react that his attacker swiftly knocked him out. He fell to the ground with a thud and the two ladies looked at the blonde who saved them. Kurapika.

"Are you two alright?" He asked them

"Yeah" Hina answered while she stood up.

Nira stood up and looked at Kurapika. He looked back at her and smiled "you're all safe now" he said and stepped aside to present the whole scene. All her companions are being aided by a group of men who looked like cops.

The door behind Nira opened and she stumbled away from it as cops rushed in. Kurapika caught her "woah there" he said in a gentle voice that sounded like music to her ears. She looked up at him and he looked back at her. His eyes trailed to the chains around Nira's wrists then he lets go of her and placed his hand under one of her wrist

"Key is right here, mister" Hina tossed a key to Kurapika after she freed herself, letting the shackles fall to the ground with a heavy sound. She got the key from Mr. Vodka's pocket.

"Thank you" Kurapika caught the key and he unlocked the shackles and they fell off.

Nira sighed in satisfaction of having her freedom as she rubbed her wrists "thank you" she said to him

"No problem" he smiled again

Nira felt drawn to his bright smile, she couldn't take her eyes off him.

"I'm Kurapika" he said

"Nira"

•••
Nira never forgot that night. It turned out to be memorable because of this beautiful blonde guy who saved her and the other girls from getting sold. She's currently at home with her brother and sister, just sitting by the window watching the rain.

She remembered Hina questioning what made Mr. Vodka let go of his gun. Nira was about to tell her about the chain that hit it which looks like the same chains around Kurapika's hand, but she stopped herself. Hina probably doesn't know nen. Having that in mind, Nira just made excuses of her having no idea.

Nira wondered if she would ever see him again. But she shouldn't worry about it, she had a feeling that they would meet again. The chains that once held her captive are broken by someone who looked chained to something he couldn't free himself from. Kurapika intrigued her, and she wanted to know him and his story. She wanted to know the story behind his chains.