Wedding Bells

C H A P T E R   O N E

S E V E N   Y E A R S   L A T E R

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

My phone rings and I answer.

"Hello?" But the caller hangs up. I finish applying my makeup when my phone rings again.

"Hello?" I answer but, once again, the caller hangs up.

And once again, my phone rings,"who is this?"

But they hang up.

Who is it, I wonder.

I finish curling my hair when a knock on the door is heard. My phone rings but I just turn it off. Turning away from the mirror, I see his tall stature walks through the door. His jet black hair is nicely done and smiles at the sight of me.

"You look beautiful."He compliments me.

"You're not suppose to see bride before the ceremony." I tell him. I get up from my chair with my dress swiftly shifts at my movements,"It's bad luck."

"You ready?" He ignores my statement.

"Always."

"You sure?"

"Don't back out on me now, Mori." I coo. Wedding bells begin to ring.

"It's time." He cues me to take his arm.

"Lets go then."

We walk down the hall stopping in front of the chapel doors but he doesn't go in.

"Mori get in there. You're suppose to be down the isle already." I try to shove him but he doesn't move. He turns and hovers over me.

"You sure you want to do this?" He asks me.

"Yes. It's all part of the plan." I answer him trying to shove him again.

"Kaine." He says my name.

"What?" I ask him getting irritated.

"You don't want to do this." He states.

"What are you talking about? Yes, I do. I wouldn't be standing here if I didn't." He just stares at me." I wouldn't be in this this dress. I wouldn't be wearing this ring you gave me." I raise my hand to show him the beautiful ring he put on my finger.

"I gave you that ring because you and I both know we are doing this to strengthen our families alliance." He reminds me.

"I'm fully aware of that but you gave me the ring nonetheless. You proposed to me like any other normal proposal. You're my best friend, Mori. Business or not, I'm glad I'm marrying my best friend rather than a stranger. I want this because I made a deal. We made a deal and now we need to fulfill it." I tell him honestly.

"What about Kyoya?" He asks me and grow still. His lips twitch a bit knowing he got me. I avert contact.

Kyoya. I haven't heard or said his name in a long time.

"That-that's in the past." I try to control my stutter.  He places his hand under my chin, forcing me to look at him. I don't fight him. I meet his eyes and begin to tremble.

"No it's not. " he simply says. I hallucinate the scent of smoky pine with a hint of mint. My heart is racing. My chest feels heavy.

"I don't even know what he looks like." I mumble. Mori pulls me into a hug.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He ask me once again. I pull away from him to give him an answer. I take off my veil.

"We're postponing the wedding. But we will get married Mori... just not right now." I tell him. He smiles before nodding in agreement.