Kyouka and Kaedé

T H E   L A S T   C H A P T E R   

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

It's another Sunday morning and I'm finishing up signing some legal papers. Gathering everything up, I lie back on my chair before rubbing my eyes out of tiredness.
I then check my watch, only to see it's 3:46pm. Letting out a big sigh, I adjust myself to look less tired.

"Kyouka! Kaedé?!" I shout, and I listen to patting feet come up from down the hall.

"Yes, momma?" Kyouka peeks in through the door, tugging the hem of her hoody.

(Kyouka, 9 years old)

"Kyouka," I reiterate," I need you to get dressed and- where's your brother?"

"I dunno." She simply replies. I rub my eyes again, sighing in the process.

"Alright, well, go get dressed. Your aunt Haruhi and uncle Tamaki are coming over and we're most likely going to do something flamboyant so dress in something that works in every occasion."

"I can't do that." She says, looking at me in disbelief.

"Trust me, you'll learn." I exasperate,"I'll help you, in the mean time."

"Alright," she sighs making her exit," I'll send Kaedé in if you want."

"Yes please," I brighten up," thank you, darling."

In just a few moments, I hear a knock on the door.

(Kaede, 15 years old)

"You called?" Kaede swiftly comes through the door and rushes to my side as i get up from my chair, revealing my alarmingly large stomach.

"You shouldn't be working when you're this far along on your pregnancy," he worries,"Let me do the work-"

"I want you to focus on school and your friends," i pick up my bag and we head out to the hall,"You are just like your father. You are my intelligent and talented son and i know you'll do well when you take over the company as you so desire but i want you to live a life than work."