Im Kaine Kohima-Villazaez

C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

Week, after week, after week, after week, I'm healing and that's good news but not for my company. Many of the medical groups I've gathered at the meeting are bombarding my office with questions and doubts about my proposal. It's all spiraling out of control and I can't do anything while I'm still being checked on for my injuries.

Sitting in my home office, I squirm where I sit as Kyoya does my work for me. He won't let me touch anything unless he has a question about a certain paper or policy.

"I can do MY work just fine," I huff,"just give me a damn paper and pen and everything will finish twice as fast."

"No," is all he says as he sits behind my desk focused on the workload.

"Give me a stack of papers to sign, or my phone to make some calls. Let me send out some emails or something!" I wave my hands around to grab his attention," I don't want to sit here doing nothing while my company falls apart."

"You still need to rest. Anything stressful will delay the healing process," He explains not really focusing on me but it was obvious that he was listening to me intently," and as long as someone is still running the company, it's not falling apart."

He looks up from the work load with a serious but longing look in his expression. He's thinking about something.

"What?" I ask him, tilting my head with pure curiosity. He only smiles before going back to work.

"What is it?" I pursue. He shuffles through some paper rather than answer my question.

"Nothing," is all he said.

"Cmon tell me," I insist. He continues writing and organizing the piles of paper.

"I will get up from this couch if you don't tell me what was on your mind," I threaten. His head snaps up at that because he and I are fully aware that I would do it. He takes a deep breath before putting down his pen and walking over to me.

He kneels down right in front of me, tired eyes fixed on mine. He then places his lips on my lips as he runs one hand through my hair and the other wraps around my lower waist. After a few moments of a heated make out, he pulls away, forehead pressed against mine. Slow deep breaths are taken between us and not a word is spoken.

"So..." I start," was that on your mind?"

He lightly laughs and pulls away from. Not a lot but just enough for him to keep his arms around me.

"Not exactly," he pauses before adding," my thought was more of a question."

I roll my eyes.

"Will you marry me?" He tells me his thought.

"Stop asking me." I tell him, not pulling away though.

"No," he only smiles before standing up and going back to work.

"Why do you keep asking me that?" Making myself comfortable on the couch whilst watching him shuffle through the papers again.

"Because, I know, you will say yes one day and when you do I will be the happiest man alive. Possibly even happier than Tamaki himself." He admits without a second thought. I can't help but feel my heart skip a beat.

"Oh..." is all I can say before hiding behind a book.

*|| Kyoya's POV||*

It looks like her recovery with absolutely nothing to do is getting to her. It's pretty clear as she stiffly sits on her couch once again. I was able to calm her down yesterday but her annoyance is starting up all over again. I was able to calm her down yesterday but today may be more difficult after she saw the news of the Tonaire family announce the supposed failed proposal the Villazaez group created.

"That bitch!" She shouts as I make sure she doesn't get up to do her standard pacing." She knows nothing! Absolutely nothing! She's just a future trophy wife to any man who's unfortunate to meet her!"

"Kaine. Kaine, think of your wounds." I repeat for the 50th time this past hour. I put down my pen and hold her arms down to keep her from moving more than she should.

"She's a self centered, egotistical, narcissistic bitch!" She adds.

"I need to see Mori," she suddenly says wanting to get up but I keep her down.

"Why do you need to see Mori?" I ask her.

"Because I do!" She answers but doesn't look at me. She's in another world.

"Kaine..." I say her name sternly and that gets her attention,"anything you can say to Mori, you can say to me. I'm here. You know that, do you not?"

"Mori is my best friend..." she mumbles," he was always there for me no matter what. So, it's hard depending on someone else, even..." she trails off before staring at my lips and then back into my eyes," even if it's the love of my life."

I coo internally and feel my heart flutter at her honest words. Sitting closer to her before giving her a quick peck. "What do you need?" I ask, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I need you to call the press," she presses her forehead against mine, smiling mischievously before getting up and leaving the room.

"What a remarkable woman," I mumble to myself before pulling out my phone.

—————

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

I step out of my estate, Mori on my right side, despite his still healing injuries with Honey helping him and Kyoya on my left along side with Tamaki, Haruhi, And the twins. My friends are all here supporting me.

I take a step down the stairs as every other reporter speak over each other and shoving a microphone and camera towards me.

"Kaine what do you have to say about Tonaire's statement?"

"Was your car crash a political hit?"

"Did you almost die?"

"What's it like having your company fall apart after only a few years being public?"

Taking a breath, keeping a stable mind and keeping a neutral expression.

"My name is Kaine Kohima Villazaez," I loom over every photographer, reporter and anyone else who is here,"I am not here to answer your questions nor intentionally add fuel to the fire." I speak loudly for everyone to hear,"I am here to say that my proposal is not only a business move but something that will genuinely benefit those who cannot receive treatment. It is not to boost my ego. It's for the people. I personally know what it's like to need medical help but had no treatment to do so. I am hear to care for ill. I gathered the most powerful families I know so they could help me a achieve and the world for the better." I take another deep breath,"My company will not fall apart. No mere words from other families will change that because as long as I still stand, the Villazaez Clan  will always be standing proudly."

I retreat back my estate pulling out my phone to make a call. It's time to clear the air with a certain group.