Meeting

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

THE NEXT MORNING

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

I woke up with the morning light hitting me through the window. I groan hugging my sheets in the process. I check the clock and it's 8:24 am.

I should get ready.

I lift myself from the bed and I feel the cold air kiss my skin. I look down before quickly clinging onto my blanket. Right, I'm naked.

I start to panic a bit. I look beside me and I see no sign of Kyoya. Only an empty spot on my bed. He's gone. I sigh tired before wrapping the blanket around and I set myself to get off the bed.

That was a mistake. After planting both feet on the ground, I muster up the strength to stand but as soon as I do, I tumble down to the ground.

"I can barely feel my legs" I mumble to myself. My thoughts drift to last night and I immediately feel my face burning up. My heart is pounding out of my chest.

Leaning against my bedside table, I lift myself off the ground before wabbling towards my closet. Before I could get dressed, I hear a knock on my door.

"I'm coming!" I shout, frantically getting dressed now. I hear a knock again.

"In a minute!" I yell, squirming to make sure I'm properly dressed. I quickly make my way to the door and open it. It's Mori. A part of me is relieved to see him and the other is still upset with him.

"What happened?" He looks at me curiously.

"What do you mean?" I ask tucking my hair behind my ear.

He lets himself in, scanning the room. Turning back to her, he smiles a bit.

"You're up after 8am. You're hair is still a mess. The bed looks like it was slept in with two individuals and you're legs are shaking," he walks over to my bed before sitting down,"All of those things are unusual for you."

"What happened last night?" He asks, fully knowing the answer. Grabbing my brush, I tame my hair.

"I'd prefer it if you'd talk about the details of the meeting rather than the needless details of last night." I tell him as I continue to brush my hair. I turn away from to avoid his gaze only face the mirror that reflected his all knowing smile.

"Stopping looking at me like that and let's go!" I demand suppressing my embarrassment.

Grabbing my keys and my bag, we make our way out the door but when I place my hand on the door knob, the glittering ring on my finger grabs my attention. I stop in my tracks, playing with it.

"What's wrong?" Mori asks me. I turn around to face before taking off the ring. Taking his hand in mine, I place the tiny thing in his hand before curving his fingers to close.

"I guess I don't need this anymore, huh?" I say with sadness in my voice. He pulls me into a hug and a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm not the one for you" he responds softly.

"Okay. Let's go." I pull away from his arms and we make our way to the meeting.

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

7:14 am

She's not awake yet. I'd consider it unusual if I weren't considering the circumstances of last night.

She looks completely and utterly tired.

I lay here watching her sleep. Her hand placed right next me, I play with her fingers. Pushing them back one by one with mine. I tangle and untangle our fingers together. There's no reaction since she's asleep but I can't help think of the countless times she's done this to me while I worked. It's something so insignificant yet I quite miss it.