Museum

"Wow, so pretty." I hummed looking at the small tarnished cointhat barely showed the imprint of the eagle. But it was there. If Iused my imagination I could imagine it being shiny and freshlyimprinted with the symbol of Horus. Looking a bit up I skim throughthe blurb of information available before with a final look at thecoin heading further down.

The next thing I see is a chunk of plaster that was oh so carefullycopied from an actual tomb. The tomb of Pharaoh Kohmus had beendiscovered two years ago. Ironically it had been discovered on mybirthday. The mummy and his sarcophagus was on its first tour alongwith a select few things that were in the tomb. A chariot, favoredbow as far as we could tell just because it was towards hissarcophagus away from the pile of other bows, a beautifully encrustedbox that had the name Nefert and inside was a braid of withered hair.No one knew who this Nefert was, it was a woman's name so was she hiswife? Sister? No one knew who she was, he had several sisters and wedon't know the name of all them and though they know he had a wifethey don't know her name and they had no children, a concubinebirthed him four children.

I wish that I could read the hieroglyphics, even if at this point Iknow that there is no one alive who can read them fully. Sure theywere being figured out more and more and really it was almost done.But still I wonder what it would be like to live back when youactually could read them? But that was so long ago, at least 5,000BCE if not earlier.

Sure it'd be a hard life but to learn it...then again I'd have no wayto know I was learning or learn anything else. What was better; tolearn a little bit about several things and not know for sure if itwas true or to know for sure and know it but know a very little bitabout it.

Shaking my head at the thought I continued on seeing the sarcophagus.There was a few pictures showing the mummy wrapped up but was closedjust to keep the delicate mummy safe. "So this is the pharaoh.Kohmus." I hummed looking around at the sarcophagus I could see,the wings wrapped around making him 'asleep' as the ancient Egyptiansbelieved their pharaohs were doing more then dead. The symbols of theroyalty. I read the little bit we could know about him but other thenaround the time of his reign and his name. According to thedescription of the walls of the tomb he had a strong connection tothe goddess Nephthys but that was it.

"Wow, I hope they will find stuff out about him sometime during mylifetime. This Kohmus sounds interesting." I smiled talking tomyself and not thinking anything of it after I had looked my fillmoved on to check it out.

- - -

How long had itbeen? I hadn't thought that in so long. Trapped in my body. Was I?Did I ever have a body? It was so long I don't think that I reallyever was alive. Was I even human? If I remember once I was blessed bythe goddess Nephthys to watch over my love. I remember someone sayingthat they'd bless me with the ability to be with her. But would myNefert ever be here? Was she even real? I thought about herconstantly.

It used to bethat I would every once in a while feel a familiar presence. Theslightly cool sense of my chosen goddess, it was always comfortingespecially in the day time when it was burning hot sometimes and thecold nights where near the fire was burning hot and out of the firewas cold having the slightly cool presence was always welcome. Toknow she was near always was a comfort to me and she would show upand even speak to me. She loved clothing so much and found it sointresting and how different it was. She told me that she did notjust lead people to the next stage in my kingdom but all around theworld. She spoke to me seldom but still did. I almost think it washer voice I heard but it wasn't, it was a male's voice I heard.

It happened fewtimes and I only catch one or two words. Shirt. Star. Reap. End.Planet. Green. Silk. But that was long ago. It for a little bithappened often, then slowly started being slower and slower. I waslonely during that time but to have someone, anyone there, especiallysuch a comforting presence. But when it stopped I was left in thedark with no one.

Did I trulyhave my Nefert? Did she exist or did I make her up? Could anyone beso perfect for me? She might not have been perfect as no one is, butfor me her flaws and quirks lined up with mine perfectly. Shechallenged me, even being a pharaoh she through humor said to me whatothers could, or would, not.

But I don'tthink that any of that happened. There was no Nefert, no Nephthys, Ihad no children; no Achillas, Addaya, Baufar, or Benerib. I had nosisters. I was never a person, never a thing. There was no I.

This same thingkept slinking through in this formless darkness. Sometimes therewould be screams. I am Kohmus, I am pharaoh! I worshiped the godsespecially Nephthys. My lover Nefert and I had four children, theoldest a son named Achillas, then another son Baufar, then a pair oftwin girls Addaya and Benerib! I had three younger sisters myself,and I loved goat's cheese more then anything,more then honey eventhat my Nefert always practically worshiped. She loved having it butalso insisted it helped calm our children, especially Baufar.

I am Kohmus.

There is no I.

Over and overagain until one day it all broke.

"So this is the pharaoh Kohmus..." I gasped and for the firsttime I moved. I could move, I was still trapped in this darkunforgiving blackness and tied up but I could move. I struggled butcould not get away but I would. I had to. Nefert! " Wow, I hopethey will find stuff out about him sometime during my lifetime. ThisKohmus sounds interesting." Her voice slips through me and warms melike the sands just as the sun had set so it felt warm as the airfelt cold. It was always her favorite thing to do, such a simplething from a simple girl but it was magic. My only love. My Nefert.

I have to get to her. To her, my only love.

I struggle and struggle. I have to do it.

So here is mynewest story. Yandere!MummyxReader. I've been sitting on this ideaabout Kohmus but I didn't want to have too many stories going at thesame time but now that Between the Stars is done here is the nextstory.