Odium

Did I...did I break her? She was looking off into space, right behindme with a hazy look in her (eye color) eyes. I was starting to getmore and more worried slowly as she sank deeper into her own mind. Itwas kind of strange to see the well remembered expression in aunfamiliar face.

The face of her, my love, was so strange yet comforting. I could feelthe comforting radiance of my one love shining through. Yet so muchwas different, even the parts that seemed similar just made the partsthat were different seem all the stranger. But it wasn't a strangethat had me pulling away, it captivated me.

I didn't know why, maybe it was that despite the flesh that encasedit, her soul would continue to exist. It not only let me know thatthe world would continue to have some light inside of it, but that mychildren would still be existing. I can only hope and pray that theyare taken care of; that if they are reborn to that all four are infamilies as loving as we were and would see just how special theywere so they could live and have their life once again, or tocontinue enjoying the afterlife.

It was still going longer then I thought it should, and I worried ofwhat might have become of her. I am about to the point that I willneed to snap her out of this but she blinked seeming to comeout of whatever revive she was in. The itch to ask her what she wasthinking about is there as always but I hold back as she didn't lookworried and would tell me when she was ready.

"It's just Name." She said and I feel a small smile tugging mylips, while Nerfert was the name I knew and loved for so manythousand years, but I could admit that Name had quite a ring to it."I don't need to be called by someone else in my dream; unless itis (favorite character)." She then lets out a musical giggle thatalmost completely distracted me from what she had said.

She said she didn't need to be called by someone else in her dream?Someone else's name. She believed herself to be asleep. And not to beNerfert. I don't know which was worst, even though I could see thatshe believed both. To love someone so very much but they not love youback, to have a lifetime of love, care, and companionship that theone you love doesn't remember any of it. Doesn't believe it.

Not only that, that she doesn't even believe in me. I can't even winher heart once again if she doesn't even think me here. She thinks mea dream. How can she think that since it was too real, could she notsee the love in my eyes? They were the only thing not affected frommy entrapment. I knew that my eyes were what had earned me a chancewith her, the kind eyes she loved so much. If they could not win herover now I worry that maybe I will not have her. But I will not giveup.

Not that easily.

Never.

"Dream?" I echo her, "do you think this is just a dream?" Iasked her wondering if maybe she is just shocked. It would makesense, she just needed time and that was one thing that I had morethen enough of.

"Well obviously; you're a mummy!" She said as if that was obviousand I worried maybe being with a being of death would scare her. Itwas...off putting in a lot of ways. Even with Nephthys being thegoddess of death as well as the one I feel closest to the idea ofbeing with a being from her domain...

For her I'd happily do it, I'd pull her into my arms without a secondhesitation but if she doesn't remember me, how could I expect that ofher?