Misunderstanding

I grinned as Name left the home for work, I hated that I could dolittle to help her but at least I could shoulder the burden of housework. Once upon a time people would gape at me for doing this, notfor helping around the home as I had always done normal domesticupkeep, but never like a domestic servant, doing the laundry-withthis interesting little machine that Name had that washed and driedclothing for us.

What a thing technology was.

I was working on folding the clothing for Name, I know she normallydid it on the day that she normally is not working but we had beenthrough a lot over those days so now I was busy folding when I frozefeeling the well remembered feeling. Mama.

Looking up I saw the shadows manifesting in the darkest corner and Igot up and hurried to mama. She was again in a male form she calledAshe. "Kohmus." He....she...? said and I quickly pulled her intoa hug.

"I missed you mama." I whispered giving a gentle squeeze I didback when I had grown to be taller than her. Finally becoming a manthen at the age of seventeen I had grinned and she had teased me thatI would always be her son.

"I missed you to Kohmus. I'm sorry for not visiting." I frownedat the sad tone of his voice, I may have grown and changed a lot fromthe yoke of childhood but I was still just like that little onerunning around the palace. I didn't want my mama to be sad.

"What's wrong?"

"I didn't mean to go so long, I didn't want to encroach." Heexplained and I frowned even more at that. "You are getting tore-know the reincarnation of your wife." He tried to explain and Ifrowned pulling him tighter into another hug.

"You're always my mama, no matter what." I whispered stroking hishair like I did when I was alive, I was always going to love my mamano matter what, age wouldn't change that. "Mama I always want to bewith you. You're my mama, my children's grandma, my darlingNerfert's-Name's-mother-in-law. You can not ever overstay yourwelcome." I promised holding her as any child would after notseeing their beloved parent for so many moons.

"Kohmus," he whispered the way only a parent would ever say myname, the way I had noticed Nerfert had said the name of Achillas,Baufar, Addaya, and Benerib. The same tone that I used with them. "Iwill come and see you if I've got a chance." I knew thatshe...he...was not able to spend long amounts of time with me, thatshe could spend long stretches of time with me but there would betimes when she had to stay away still I would see her ever few days.

"Come mama, allow me to make some tea for you." I whisperedtaking his hand in both mine, he was again taller than me that had meonce again feeling like I was the age between childhood andadulthood. But still he followed me to the kitchen where I busiedmyself making tea. "Name calls this tea (favorite tea), it is verygood." I said pulling out the jam tarts she had made putting somein a plate.

"Domestic life looks good on you Kohmus." I grinned at theremembered line, I don't think he thinks I remember but being alongwith Name and through my prayers not only to mama, but also to bothThoth and his daughter Seshat both a god and goddess of wisdom andknowledge among other things. This was what she said the first timeshe had visited us after our wedding. Nerfert had smiled shyly andshyly called her mother-in-law and she had given the most delicatesmile before pulling her into a warm hug.