Ambrosia

I don't know how long we stayed there just looking at each other. Ibusied myself tracing the planes of her face, going from one line tothe other, the broad of her brow, the arch of her eyebrows, thecircle of her (eye color) gems she calls eyes, the line of her nose,and the bow of her lips before finally ending at her chin, going backup the line of her cheeks.

Over and over again I did this, I had done the same so long ago toNerfert, my children, my sisters, and my parents so many times theywere all ingrained into my memory. I could pull their faces forewordat any time I wished. Perhaps that is why I had remained semi-sanebeing locked in my sarcophagus so long. I could see their faces, allof them different yet most sharing similar features. I could see thearch of the eyebrows Addaya had that was my father's and had beenpassed onto me before going to her, I could see the shape of the noseon Baufar which was the exact same as my Nerfert's. The smile thatwas the exact same as my middle older sister and my mother's whichhad skipped me and gone right to Achillas, all three had the samedeep brown eyes of Nerfert's, only Benerib had the amber and blackswirling eyes that I remembered was my own. She looked so much likeNerfert but with my eyes and lips.

This new face with (skin tone) flesh with (eye color) (eye shape)eyes, a (nose shape) nose with her lips (lip color) luscious lips allset in a (face shape) frame. It was so different then my Nerfert, butit still was so familiar. I didn't see (anything/almost anything) ofmy Nerfert in her as far as looks but whenever I looked at her I gotthis feeling like I had seen her before but couldn't place where. Afamiliar unfamiliarity. I am convinced it is her soul, which I knowas well as my own, shining through and it comforts me.

It is because I thought of their faces so much at first that I knewNephthys face so well I notice it even when set in a man's face,calling himself Ashe, which is why I had trusted him. Also there wasjust that strange feeling of safety I had always felt with thegoddess I considered a mother.

"Are you hungry?" She asked suddenly and I was shocked havinggone into an almost trance thinking about what my life once was aswell as her. Thinking of it I was, I was ravenous for food, not justbecause I hadn't eaten for over seven thousand years as I had beentold but more then just the energy the food would provide but alsosomething given to me by Nerfert. She had always made the mostbrilliant meals, using some natural found spices and able to makemeals that were true treats no matter what it was she was doing.

Food from my beloved.

Sweet Ambrosia.

I grimaced as now my tightening stomach seems to speak to more of mybody and I felt like I had swallowed a handful of sand if not worse."Some of your cooking sounds amazing but I don't think I could eat.I am just thirsty." I had seen one too many suffer from the dessertwhich could kill you quickly messing with your mind before destroyingyour body and breaking your spirit. I had seen healers treat them andknew that no food should be eaten until they were well hydrated.

"Oh! I'll get you some water." She bustled away and I followedher, I didn't want to let her out of my sight. "It's okay, here;this to hold off while I make something more." She had a clearglass and pulled on a lever water falling like a fall into the glassbefore she handed it to me. "Something that will help your throat.Drink slowly so you don't hurt yourself." I knew exactly what shemeant, a goblet of water could hurt more then it would help if it wastaken too fast.