Desserts

I had grown more and more accustomed to the daily routine over timeand have learned more and more allowing me to help. Name with thefood preparation, like we once had when she was Nerfert. Of course weboth had our daily duties but I was held to more than her so I alwaystook longer but would still make time to help her as much as I could,I often prepped the meat for her, butchering it, and now I againprepped the food for her.

I felt a slight shiver from the room becoming suddenly cold and thegoing a bit darker. I looked up and around looking for the familiarfigure that I knew would be there and grinned when I saw the wellremembered goddess solidifying from the shadows. I knew the oliveskin, dark hair and eyes and fine linen. Nephthys.

"Mother," I grinned easily stepping up to the goddess and pullingher into my arms. I still remember the day that I had grown tallerthan her. I didn't think that day would ever happen since for so longshe towered over me, she told me stories of how small I once was andI may no longer remember it but I remember thinking about thememories of when she'd pick me up. Smiling I turned over to whereName was, this was the first time she would be seeing my mother againand seeing another friendly face could only do her good. "Name thisis-"

"Muat! (Mother-in-law!)" Name let out a happy almost giggle andwas hugging her. Nephthys froze up obviously not expecting it anymore than I was. I hadn't seen her look like that since we offeredher to hold Addaya and Benerib having to for the first time hold agirl. A living one anyway.

"You remember me?" She asked and Name just nodded, I had not yetgotten to tell mother that Name had begun to remember her last life.I still made offerings for her regularly but had not been able tospeak to her.

"Of course, how could I ever forget my darling mother-in-law?"She teased warmly and reached over to take my hand.

"I came to check up on the two of you." She explained and Icouldn't help but grin and it matched my Name's own smile. It wasalways a treat when she was able to come to see us, our childrenloved to see their grandmother and we talked happily to each other.Nephthys was the only one of my parents who accepted Nerfert as mywife, even my best friend, my 'official' wife, saw Nerfert as mywife, but they never did, it was so reassuring when Nephthys took heras my wife without argument of her not being royal.

"Can you stay for dinner mother?" I offered and she lookedsurprised at the offer before her face warmed, the way she used toalways look at my children as they grew up and even sometimes theirchildren as well.

"I think I could, my beloved onemay be happy, ever since telling her about Kohmus she has been eagerto hear about him, especially knowing he woke up." It took me amoment to realize what she had said beyond her saying that she wouldbe doing so, but when the words sank in it shocked me, I had alwaysknown her as just Nephthys, the goddess I felt closest to, my mama,she had never had a lover, or at least had never mentioned one, and Ihad never even thought about it, wondered if she had a beloved one, Iwas happy for her, I could only hope for the happiness for her but itwas...odd...something that never happened before. I was acting like ayoung one meeting their step-father but it was strange to me, thoughby the look on her face she was happy and that was more than enoughfor me.

"Muat, (Mother-in-law,)" it was Name who spoke before I couldmake my tongue work again and she drew the three syllable word outand had a grin and mischief shining in her (eye color) eyes. "Youfound love?" She didn't wait for an answer, just giggling, "Sotwo plates? There is more than enough food if you want to bringanyone else." She was positively giddy and I could barely hold inmy own chuckle at how happy she was for mother.