Intruder

I did always like sleep, I would always dream such sweet dreams. Iloved my dreams, I didn't know what they were of but the feeling ofwarmth and love I felt was there and would stay with me hours afterwaking. The happiness deep in my mind, which was an explanation ofwhy I loved mornings so much.

I normally would awaken before my alarm even woke me up but this timeit wasn't like that. I felt calloused fingers rubbing against mycheek. I groaned my hand moving to try to find what it was. With agroan I opened my sleepy eyes, for the first time in a long timewaking before I was ready to. The dream clung to me as if it didn'twant to release me, sighing I sat up reaching to turn on the lamp atmy bedside table and grabbed the bottle of water to take a pull fromit. Placing it down and rubbing anymore sleep from my (eye color)eyes I turn to see what time it is on my opposite beside table I sawa human shaped form in yellow.

Gasping I look to it and see a person wrapped in bandages lookinglike a mummy. My mouth opens to let out a scream hoping one of myneighbors hear me not knowing why there was someone in my apartmentsitting on the side of my bed.

However a hand clamps down on my mouth, the other one catching theback of my head. He, and I knew it was he both by the shape of hisshoulders and the hand clamping down on my mouth as well as cuppingthe base of my skull all showed me it was male.

I gagged a bit at the musky scent of him, he smelt like he had beenin a stale dusty room for years. Despite it he wasn't yet too roughwith me, in another place I could think of it as being almost gentle.He moved me to lay my head back on the pillow and I was so worriedbut did as he was silently telling me to do.

Once my head was resting on the pillow his hand moved from the baseof my head and some of it caught my (hair length) hair that probablyhas been knotted. My eyes squeezed shut and I hoped that he wouldthink it fear instead of pain. I was afraid maybe he wanted to see mein pain. How did this happen? I always am careful to lock my doorsand live a safe life not taking dangerous chances. Of course rightnow it doesn't matter and all I can think is that I just need to tryto survive this.

Thinking this as much as I can over the pounding of my heart.

"Did I hurt you?" He asks and his voice sounds croaky, like hehadn't used his voice in a long time. I do not make a sound notdenying nor confirming it. What do I do? Oh no, I am going to diearen't I? Or end up wishing I was dead. "My apologies, I did notmean to," he works his hand and fingers out of the knot and strokessome (hair color) locks out of my face so he can look into my eyes.

Why was he dressed like this? Around Halloween it would make sense ina way to blend in but around now in summer I don't know what he wouldbe trying to pull. Of course that means I can not see his face andonly his eyes, they looked almost fully black but there were hints ofan amber color and as I looked into those eyes they seemed to lightenup before my very eyes.

I could only hope that he covered his face because he planned on megetting away with my life.

"Nerfert?" He questioned and I look up confused. Was he lookingfor someone named that? I have heard the name Nerfert before butcouldn't place where, was it someone who lived in the apartments?When he pulls his hand away from my mouth reaching up for his own I,despite my thoughts to keep acting like I would do as he said andonly make a break for it if it was a perfect opportunity, but Icouldn't pass this up.

I let out a scream and turned running to the door, my blanket notwrapping up around my legs and tripping me but instead allowing me toslip away. I manage to get to the door turning to se if he isfollowing me but he just give a small smile.

"Ah so you are my Nerfert." He chuckles and I am so entranced byhim as he held his arms out slowly walking towards me.

It scared me, I don't know what to do at this point. I shake as myadrenaline is going crazy and I don't know what I'm going to do withmyself. I can't run, I can't fight. He however doesn't hurt me.

His arms wrap around me slowly tugging me towards his chest and thedusty old scent wraps around me but under it I can almost smell ascent of cloves and musk underneath it. "Shh," he hushed merunning his cloth bound fingers over my (straight/wavy/curly) hairbeing careful not to tug on any knots from me sleeping.

"I know, I understand my love, you do not remember your past lifedo you?" He asked and I look up at him and hope that maybe this isa misunderstanding. He'll realize I'm not this Nerfert person andwalk away.

"I am not Nerfert. I am Name. You confused me with someone else."I try to explain and he looks shocked for a moment before chuckling.

"Oh what a dear little flower." He shook his head and sighed,"Name huh? It is a nice name but I do prefer your original name, itwas Nerfert that I called to, confessed to, held to." He hummedhowever still looked at me so gently, like he was in deep love. Buthe was looking at me. "You don't remember, you have been reborn andhave no way of knowing." He sighed and shook his head burying hisface in my neck.

I freeze up, his arms being wrapped around me and his face buriedinto my neck is far from being comforting. He is a stranger. Astranger who thinks he knows me? He does not kiss at the delicateexposed (skin tone) flesh of my neck but I can almost sense he wantsto, instead he heaves a sigh and moves up to whisper in my ear.

"Do not worry, my love, I will help you remember who you are." Hepromised me rubbing my arm in a trying to be calming manner. Itdoesn't make me feel better but I think just maybe he doesn't meantme any outright harm.

Finally Kohmusmeets his love, you! But you have no memories of being his belovedNerfert. I hope you guys liked this chapter and I got what hopefullyhow you would react in such a situation.