Argument

Getting to work I begin doing everything that I would always do. Ipulled out my thermos that held my daily dose of (favorite morningcoffee/tea) and opened it so I could begin sipping it while I got towork on payroll. I was clacking away deep in the zone, my audio-bookplaying since I didn't have to be on phone duty today when I feltsomeone tap my shoulder. It was my boss and I smiled putting myaudio-book on pause before taking my headphones off.

"Yes?" I wasn't worry about her getting on me about being on theaudio-book, she had already told me that listening to music or bookswas fine as long as I was not on phone duty.

"Come to my office Name? We have things to discuss." She smiledand turned on her heel and I felt a natural feel of dread. Was I introuble? Did I do something wrong? I couldn't think of anything butthat was rarely a good thing. I had seen my fair share of peoplegetting fired, had even gotten fired myself a few times. Luckily mylong good work history with the temp agency showed I was a goodemployee.

Following her I saw Tyson's deep brown, almost black, eyes watchingme and I just give him a grin. By his look I don't think I fooledhim. Still.

- - -

I end up leaving the office much happier than when I entered it. Iwas offered to work here permanently and I was more than happy to doso. I loved working here, I loved my boss, I loved management, and Iloved my co-workers. It was great to work here, and the pay raise tobe a full time employee, plus the benefits, was more than a goodchoice for me.

"Name? How'd it go?" Tyson asked, but relaxed with my grin, "goodnews?" He asked and I grinned happy to share my news.

"She offered me a permanent job here!" I grinned and he did aswell, wrapping me in his hulking arms around me to give me a squeeze.

"That's great Name! I'm glad to keep seeing you around. Lunch?"

"You're just glad I'll keep making you barbecue." Tyson wasn'tone to laugh but this time he did. There was always a sadness in hiseyes so I loved to make him smile and it was so rare to hear himlaugh. "But yes please!" After the time of my stomach being inknots and then the elation I was more than ready for something to eatand a break.

"Eh you know I love you, Name." Tyson teased patting my head, hewas like a big brother. He was kind of hard to deal with, he normallywas a bit cold, holding back and hiding but for some reason he took abrotherly role with me. Having grown up without any siblings I wasmore than happy to have an older brother, when I thought about havinga sibling I always wanted to be a younger sibling, I didn't imaginehaving a younger sibling. "Now come on kiddo, let's go eat. I'mstarved." I don't know why he insists on calling me kid, he wasonly five or so years older than I am. "You know you can't mentionyour cooking, least of all your barbecue, without me getting hungry."That I did know.

We walked together to the employee break room and I held back, "I'vegot to make a quick call, I'll be right there." He nodded to showhe heard and headed over to our favored table where I could alreadysee Matilda-another co-worker and another friend, the three of usmade a small little friend group-I call my house phone but I hearnothing. Just the busy tone and I frowned looking at the phone tomake sure that I was calling the right number. I knew my phone numberby heart-both cell and home-so that is right as well.