Childhood

Once I had gone through the museum returning to visit the Egyptiansection again as well as a few pieces that had stood out to me Iheaded to the gift shop to see if anything interesting was going on.The shop had several interesting things and I did want to getsomething to remind me of this visit. I decided on a set of picturesof the tomb and I had several books on ancient Egypt and didn't seeanything interesting but for one; The Pharaoh's Kitchen by AmrHussein and Magda Mehdawy but I had that book on order from my localbook store.

Smiling I found a set of yarn, for children especially but for anyonewho wanted to see it how to spin yarn with a spinning wheel. I usedto work with a sweet girl before she left. She was a little bit...Iwouldn't use the word creepy but the word had been spoken. She wasjust different and she was amazing at making things. I had actuallycommissioned her to make me a white linen sun dress and did have hermail address and we occasionally would message each other.

Smiling as a I saw the deep sapphire blue cotton-silk blend I boughtthe skein. She never allowed anything to go to waste, even the littlesnipping from her knitting and crochet she saved for stuffing and astained up shirt she cut up for a rag. Thinking that surely she couldfind something to do with it whether for herself or a client it wouldbe something to use. If I remember right, her birthday would becoming up soon and I hope she would like it.

Remembering that I had to pick up some groceries for the next postfor A Taste of History I took one last look before heading out.

- - -

After what feels like a eternity struggling and fighting screaminginto the gagging bandages once I finally pulled my arms away I pulledmy mouth free gasping for breath and began pushing against the cage.I was worried I couldn't do it but was able to push it through andsat up looking around and found myself in another cage, though thisone made of glass.

Smashing through it I frowned at the strange flooring and walls withthe lights hanging from the ceiling. I looked and frowned as I saw noflickering of the flame. What weird world was I in? Walking foreword,away from my prison, I wouldn't allow myself to be pulled back intothat hell again. How long had I suffered there?

It didn't matter, I wouldn't let myself back in there; not without afight. I kept going till I saw a strange doorway and slipped through.I had heard of and seen these and opened the door coming in seeing amirror and more doors that I couldn't get out. I wouldn't have stayedhere but as soon as I took a step in it lit up. It lit up with thesame strange non flickering fire. I didn't understand how it allcould happen but I didn't want to leave in case I set off a trap.

When I saw the mirror, more my reflection in the mirror, I gaspedseeing what had happened. The burial bandages were wrapped around meoh so carefully. The once fresh bright linen had become dirty almostbrown from possibly age? My sarcophagus...it was death. I had diedand had been trapped there alive but trapped in my body.

I slowly began staggering to the mirror looking into it. The only bitof my skin that was shown was from my nostrils to my chin when I hadripped it from myself. I knew that it would unravel probably to partof my neck before keeping closed. The only thing that looked alivewere my eyes that were still the same honey brown color that wasfamiliar.

Taking deep breaths it all came flooding to me and I dropped to myknees trying to get it set to what I had known. My earliestmemories...I'd start there.

As a little prince being the oldest of my siblings with three littlesisters. But the earliest memory only one had been born so far. Iremember slipping away from my mother and our nursery servants. I hadseen something off to the side move. I didn't think anything of itbut found out later that I headed to where a beloved priest'sdaughter was on her death bed. But I ran to 'shadows' and that hadshocked and worried my mother.

I saw little slithering shadows looking like snakes almost with howthey slithered but too big to be snakes. I stumbled to them trying tograb at the strange things, giggling the entire way. But as my childchubby fingers grasped at them they pulled further away. To my smallmind I took it as a game running after them more and more before Iwas pulled into my father's arms before I entered the home.

My childhood was a good one and I was blessed by the very gods. Myfather was tough but he was also loving, my mother was the gentlestand most intelligent women ever. The sister that was born right afterme was a beauty and all the court would praise her beauty, the middlesister was a lover of music and was a prodigy with the lyre, andfinally my youngest sister, the baby of the family which we alllooked over her and her love of the stars.

I was always very devote. I would often sigh longingly at the idea ofbecoming a priest, but knew that I could not, it was not what thegods had in store for me whether I wanted it or not. I worshiped themall, but Nephthys had a special place for me, I do not know how but Iwas always able to almost feel when they were among us and she wasalways the time I was a child my favorite to come around as theshadows were always there.

I remember stories of when I was very young chasing after someone noone could see happily babbling and cooing and sometimes even gigglingbefore after a while holding my arms up and wiggling my fingers. WhatI would do when asking my parents for attention; usually it would beto be picked up and hugged before they would leave.

I do remember that slowly over a period of two or so years theshadows took form showing first in the first few months where I couldsee a human form in the shadows with little ones trailing that Inever was able to catch. But slowly the form of a woman took shape,Nephthys the goddess responsible for taking the soul and leading themto the next life.

She would every once in a while smile at me, even letting out agiggle a few times and allowing me to be around her. She even showedup to me every now and again as I grew. I would always know when shewas there and would make sure to make plenty of offerings to.

When I was of age to take my position as pharaoh I was married tobegin. She was my sister; not by blood but in spirit. Neither of usviewed each other like that, she was in love with another and I wasmore then happy like that, the only thing we had to agree on is thatany child she would have would be born in secret as the baby wouldn'tbe a decent of the gods.

Of course there was no need to as the one she loved could not havechildren between the two. I was happy for her and wished that the twoof them could at least have their own marriage but there was no wayarund that. The basket weaver and she would be happy just togetherbut at least she understood that there was nothing like that betweenus.

It was later on as some of the best dancers in the land were broughtto perform. They were all amazing dancers and it was enjoyable. I hadalways believed that it was important to get to know them. I neverdreamed that it was that simple decision that was the best in mylife.

Here we are andI hope you guys like this. First time really getting to see Kohmusbut there is much more to see, and definitely more to see ofReader-chan. But in all good time, I hope it will make you guysinterested to see more.