part 3

**Time skip **

It is now the day after the party, and Amethyst hasn't seen Damon since their discussion. And that is a good thing. She really couldn't be bothered to explain everything to who ever ia with them.

Feeling bored all ready, the young girl sets up her easel, canvers, and paints and starts to get in the mood to block out the world. Putting in her earphones, she starts to block out everything and just paints her worries away.

Looking out of the window briefly, Amethyst realises that the whole day has passed because it's dark outside. Deciding to take a break, she goes downstairs to see if anyone is home.

On the way down, she notices Tyler in his room doing God knows what. Looking around downstairs, she realises her parents aren't home. Assuming they had gone out to deal with some work business, she continued with the task at hand. Entering the kitchen, Amethyst gets a glass of water, then retreats back to her bedroom.

Re-entering her room and closing the door behind her, she takes a sip of her water. Placing it on her dresser, she put her earphones back in and continues with her painting, getting lost in her mind once again.

After a while, a song comes on, and all the memories from before she came home come flooding back into her head. Placing her brush down, she lets a single tear fall from her eyes.

Suddenly, a pair of arms gently wrap around her waist. It was unusually comforting and familiar. The arms rise up her body gently and up to her ears and take out her earphones that were blasting a song that forced all the memories to the surface of her mind.

Not wanting to meat whoevers eyes that belonges to the person who had a gentel hold of her, she looks to at the ground next to her, whiles the person behind her pulls her close to his hard chest. Knowing exactly who it is, she relaxes in his arm. The arms carefully turn the young girl around to face him. A gentle hand lifts up her face, so she is met by those Icy blue orbes that are full of worry and concern.

Strangely, her heart wasn't speeding up. She was completely relaxed. Gently using his thumb, Damon wipes the tear away. As he does so, he feels the heat of her skin was any warmer it would probably burn him.

"You went into my head, didn't you?" She quiety questions, knowing he headed her clear as day.

"Yeh, I did." He brings her into a hug, and she willingly lets him. The feeling of securety and warmth made her content. Reluctantly pulling away, she asks tyered "What do you want Damon, cus I know it isn't to help me feel better about myself or to feel pitty on me, so what is it?"

"I generally want to make sure you are alright... Okay. I just need to make sure you are safe. And I would like your help."

"With what, might I ask?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes dart to the floor so she can try to compose herself and not get sucked into his eyes. It has bad enough having the instsbd comfort and security from him since she had just met him.

"Well, it's late so I will pick you up at 7:30 tomorrow, before school, so be ready." He demands before he turns on his heals to leave.

"So that's it?"

"I'll explain tomorrow, I'll let you get some sleep and continue painting." And with that, he was gone.

Feeling tyered, the young girl gets into some pj's and goes to bed. Allowing her mind to become num from the tidle wave of emotions that had just hit her, her eyelids become heavy. Soon, sleep takes over.

*****

The sun shines brightly through the window and on Amethyst face, slowly waking her up. Opening her eyes, she looks over at the window, realising she didn't close the curtains last night. Sitting up, she looks over to her dresser, and she notices Damon sitting on her armchair by her dresser.

Gliding her hand through her hair, she annoyingly asks, " What are you doing, Damon? And how did you get in here?"

Damon sighs, then answers, "I came in through the front door. And it's 8 and I said I would be here at 7:30. So you late for school? Not to mentioni I have been waiting half an hour."

"No, I'm not going to school for another 2 weeks, so I have time." Sitting up in bed so her back is resting against the headboard she asks, "wait, if you have been waiting thirty minutes, why didn't you wake me up?"

Ignoring her question, Damon stands up, walks over to Amethyst, and holds out his hand. She moved the duvet off her body and taker his offer by placing her hand in his.

Pulling the young girl off the bed and into his chest in one swift move. She let's out a small giggle before looking up at Damon.

"You're in a good mood. Why?" Amethyst asks with a smile on her face.

"Well, I'm spending the day with good componey. And I may or may not have turned Vicky Donovan into a vampire." Damon says, looking away from the brunett.

The young girl looks at Damon, turns on her feet, and walks away. He watches her walk away and says, "Wait, you're not mad that I turned Vicky. Or are you giving me the silent treatment.Oh, come on -"

"-its fine, honestly. I don't care about that bitch. She could die for all I cared." She informs the vampire.

"Oh really, and why is that?" He says as he walks over to the young girl who is looking through her closet.
He pulls her closer to his hard chest, and he wraps his arms around her waist.

"Ok, as much as I like this, it's odd. Why do you want me to constantly be by you?" She questions, pulsing away from Damon. Putting her full attention to all hrt cloths hanging up.

"I honestly don't know. I just feel something...it's hard to explain." He cuts himself off from not being able to put his feelings into words. Then, she looks at the girls confused look when she says,

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was listening, it's just that I don't know what to wear. And I know what you mean. I get that feeling, too. It's strange. It's kind of like feeling the warmth of a lit campfire." She steps back from her closet, while Damon takes this opportunity to step forward and looks through her closet.

He moves to face her, and he is holding an outfit. She gives his a cheeky grin and takes it, walking to her bathroom. Damon questions, "So this supernatural power you have, how long have you had it, and who else knows about it?"

Speaking through the door, Amethyst replies" well, I've had my abilities since I was younger but 4 years ago I started screaming in my sleep and I broke a lot of stuff, so my parents decide to send my away. And now I'm back and not really liking Elana or anyone except Matt and Tyler. And you are the only one who knows in this town, but it's only because I can't be bothered to explain it the Elana. Because I'm guessing she knows about vampires. Considering she is dating one."

She comes out of the bathroom and changes( outfit at the top), and Damon smiles while looking her up and down. "Come on. I need your help with a certen newly turned vampire." He says gently, grabbing her hand and dragging her towards the door.