part 45

Ringing fills my ears. I move my head and open my eyes to see what the ringing is. I notice Nik sleeping on a chair next to the bed im currently on. I sit up, and the ringing stops. It's someone downstairs.

"Good morning, Thyst." I British accent breakes the silence. "Rebekah's at school, so if you would like to join her. You are more than welcome to."

I simply shake my head 'no' and pull my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. The side of the bed dips, and Nik pulks me into a side hug.

"Ok then, what do you suppose we do today. Seeming as if you don't want to go to school. Dance, draw, paint?" Nik says, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I didn't know you were back?" I say, looking at him.

"Yeh well, I've been worried about you and Rebekah. So I decided to come and check up on you." He gently rubs the side of my arm, and i rest me head on his shoulder.

"Are you going to homecoming?" He asks.

"Honestly, i dont know. I haven't even thought of it. But if Rebekah is going, then i might consider going." A small smile spreads on my face as i say it.

"Well, what if i treat you today. We can go and get you a beautiful dress, and it can just be you and I. What do you say. Are you up for it?" He asks, pulling away with a smile on his face.

"Ok, let me get ready to go then." I say, getting up.

"I brought you an outfit to cange into. It's hanging up on the bathroom door. Come out when you are ready, and we will begin our fun filled day." He smirks, leaving the room.

---------
I've gotten changes into a pair of light blue riped trousers and a pastel pink tank top, with pink heals. And my leather jacket.

I walk out, and Nik and i get into a car, and we drive away.

We get to our destination after a couple of hours, and i ask, "Why are we in New York?"

"We are here because you deserve the best, and im spoiling you today. Rebekah told me how hard everything and everyone has been on you. And your emotions are hightened, soooo. I decide to take your mind off it." He tells me honestly as i look down.

Looking at him, i say, "ok, where to first?" We both share a smile, and we continue to drive until we reach an elegant dress shop.

After hours we found the dress. It was beautifully made. (A/N: Her dress is at the top. Hope you like it.) We both left with the dress and placed it in the trunk of the car.

We went, and i got my nails printed, and my hair dyed. I've now got golden brown hilights, and it's nicely curled.

We go to a bar and drink acohol and blood. It was really fun. No one judging, disagreeing, or anything. Just me on the dace floor dancing and drinking, while Nik siped his bourbon watching.

The night flew by, and by the time it was morning, we cleared up and got in the car, then started the long drive home. Within that time, i found out that when the worlock put that spell on me when we were supposed to kill Bonnie. It was a spell that gave my heart the same power and protection like an originals. It was really strang, but i am a little thankful, even though it hurt like hell at the time.

------------
Rebekah drops me a text saying she is at the bording house and Nik drops me off, and we quickly say our goodbyes, and he drives off. He doesn't want anything to happen before he sees Michael's body.

I hear Rebekah upstairs, so i go up with all of my things. She is in Stefan's room, and i knock on the door.

She turns to me, and before i can even say or do anything, im engulfed in one of her loving hugs. We pull away, and she says, "Oooooo, i love your hair."

She plays with it, and we both smile. "So you are coming to homecoming?"

I hold up my dress and nod. She squeeles a little, and i walk to the bathroom. "Where are you going?" She questions confused.

"To get changed. What else." I smile, then i close the door.

---------

After a couple of minutes, Rebekah and I are both ready. I leave her to go to my room and then I'll leave soon.

I enter my room and flick through my painting. A smile came to my face when memories of Masons, Katherine, and I had a picnic, and i was painting. Masons was determined to stop me from painting and play with the two. And i finally caved.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I look over my shouldef to see a man in a suit. I've never seen him before, but he resembles Elijah and Rebekah a little.

"Ah, an artist. I've heard that you have many skills. The Salvator's can't stop spelling about you." He says in a curious tone.

"Im sorry. I don't mean to be rude, but who are you!" I question.

"Amethyst, i didn't know you were back." I look behind the guy to see Stephan with a smile.

"Yeh, i just got back a while ago. Are you going now cus i was about to leave." I say.

"Yeh, i was. Do you want a ride." He asks. I nod and quickly walk next to him, and then the two of us leave.

We go to my mom's house because if it turns out Tyler moved homecoming there due to the gym at the school flooding.

Stefan and i departed, and i wandered around the house. I dont know anyone. After a while, I make my way upstairs when a gentle hand holds mine. I turn to see Stephan with a soft expression on his face.

"Hay, what's up. Are you ok." He asks, concerned.

"Yeh, sorry, the noise is a bit loud. i just need a minute." I say, and i try to go up to the staircase, but i dont get very far because Stefan still has a hold of my hand. He vamp speeds me outside, and then he leaves me.

He seriously owes me a drink. I wonder round a bit more when i can't take the noise anymore. I sit on the bench by the lake.

-------------

Im sitting there swinging my legs when i feel someone behind me, but before i can do anything, a sharp pain in my neck. My body becomes weak, and i feel someone lift me up and walk away with me.

Suddenly, im thrown the ground on the porch. I see Nik in the house, and the guy from earlier standing behind me.

Breathes are slow and heavy. I can't make out when they are saying. But i see Elana drop the floor next to me.

Shock and fear spread across me face, then im roled onto my back, but the man who is now howering over me. I look at Nik, who has tears in his eyes. A tear roles down my face, and moments later, a tear crawles down his cheek. I look up to see a stake above me.

A horror pain erupts im my chest. My body becomes weak, struggling to breathe. Then nothing but darkness. Seeing Nik was the last thing that i had seen.