part 10

Amethyst wakes up to the sound of a phone. She groans and cuddles into Damons chest.

"It might be important." Damon says.

"Well, it can wait, im doing something." She whispers into his chest. Damon chuckles and grabs the phone. Looking at the caller ID, it says 'DAD'

"Are you sure it's your Daddy." He teases, the young brunette sighs, takes the phone off Damon, and answers it.

"Hay, dad."

"Hay, princess. You didn't come home last night. I am just making sure you are ok."

"Yeh, im fine dad, thank you for the concern. Im going to go straight to school, and then there is the dance tonight. So I'll be late in. You dont need to wait up for me."

"Ok, I'll see you later, goodbyes."

"Bye." She says before ending the call and looking at Damon.

"Ok, I've been meaning to ask you. Where did those scares on your body come from."

The young brunette lets out a loud sigh and replies. " Almost 5 years ago, i started to grow into my power, which caused me to break things and scream in my sleep. So my mom made a distinction to send me away to a mental heath hospital. But what they didn't know was they transferred supernatural creatures to another facility. And there they kind of experimented on them. I learned to control it. Things happened, and then after 2 and a half years, they let me do more things like draw and dance. But some parts of me never fully healed they scared up instead."she says, lifting up her top to show the scars on her stomach.

In a worried voice, Damon asks, "You said things happened. What did they do to you."

Not wanting to talk about it, the young girl stands up and walks away. But before she could get anywhere, a gentle hand intertwined with hers. Spining her to face him, he asks again, " What did they do to you?"

A sing tear falls from her eye as she wispers, " they raped me."she looks down ashamed

Not wanting to make her say anything else, he brings her body into his and says "its ok, it's over. You are safe. Nothing will happen to you as long as i am here. Ok "

He pulls away slightly and lifts her chin up so they see eye to eye where he tells her, "ok, you are not going to school. im giving you the day off. Just you and me. Movies, acohol, and whatever you want." He brings her into another hug, not wanting to ever let her go.

---------------

The day went pritty fast, and Amethyst needed to get into a change of clothes for the dance. It wasn't dressing up, but it was just casual. Damon left her to get sorted because Elana had a run-in with a vampire or something. He was coming back to pick her up.

(A/N outfit at the top, and they are her heels.)

She goes downstairs to the parlour, and as if on cue, Damon walks in and notices her. He asks, "Are you ready?"

She nodded. He holds out his hand, and she takes it. They both go out to the car.

-----------

They arrive at the school dance, and they notice Elana and Stephan so the pair walk over to them.

Elana engulfed the young girl, and when they pulled away, she says "what was that for. Wait, let me guess." She turns the Damon. He has an apologetic look and a small sheepish smile.

'Well, at least it's out now.' She thought to herself. She earns a reasuring smile from Stephan, and then the four of them make their way into the gym.

Going in, the boys spread out, and Amethyst's goes over to the punch bowl, so see what was happening. Looking around, she sees Elana, Bonnie, and Caroline speaking. Alaric and jenna come over, and they all say hi.

"Hay, you weren't in history today, Amethyst. Are you ok?" The history teacher asked.

"Yeh, im ok now. i had a complete meld down this morning, so i thought I'd take the day off in case i had another one in class." She explains, and he noddes.

"I love your dress." Jenna compliments.

"Thank you." They young girl blushed

"Why are you not dressed up?" The history teacher asks. The two girls look at each other and laugh.

"Im sorry, Ric, but little miss, Ame, hear doesn't go with code. We had a coustume party and she wore her Halloween coustume and for Halloween she wore her bellet outfit that she performed in. And for Elana's 10th birthday, it was princess themed. She decides to wear a pirate outfit." The three laugh.

"Im my defence. i like being different. I'll tell you what i told my mom, i was a pirate princess."The three laugh again. " i dont do things like this." She informs Alaric.

"Well, I've got to go. I'll see you later." She says and then walks to Damon.

The two go over to Caraline and Bonnie.

"Hello, Bonnie. Want to dance, " He says cheerfully.

"Im out of hear," the witch says, leaving, but Damon tries and stops her. "Please give me another chance."

And the witch walks away.

"Back off, Damon!" Caroline says firmly.

Stephan and Elana come up behind us.

"Where did they go?" Elana asks.

"I dont know."

"What did you say to them?" Stefan asks.

"He was perfectly polite to them."Ame defends him.

"Elana, would you like to dance?" Damon asks Elana.

" i would love to," she turns to Stefan. "may i have this dance?" They loop arms and leave to dance,leaving Ame and Damon alone.

She rubbes Damons arm and holds his hand. He looks down at her and asks, "Would you like to dance with me?""

"I would be honoured to." The two make their way to the dance floor and start to dance.

"Wow, you have moves." She says to Damon.

After a few minutes of dancing, Amethyst leaves Damon and goes outside for some air. She steps out side and wonders around. She feels a hand on her waist and a sharp pain in her neck. It starts to burn, and she feels her body go numb and limp. A pair of arms hold the now unconscious girl so she doesn't hit the ground.