Chapter Twenty One: Marinette

Adrien's POV.

It's been three months, eight days, and 16 hours since i've last seen or heard from ladybug. We were fighting in a battle against hawkmoth when we defeated him as usual, but this time was different. This time we defeated him for good.

Of course we didn't get away with it like we had hoped, before we could destroy the akuma our identities were revealed. I found out that the love of my life was none other then my first friend when i moved to this stupid place, the girl who's been by my side all along, and the girl who i haven't seen since. Marinette.

When i found out, I was overjoyed, we finally knew eachothers identity's and we didn't have to hide from eachother anymore.

At least that's what i thought.

When Marin- i mean Ladybug, captured the Akuma she looked at me with tears in her eyes, almost embarrassed that i had found out it was her. Or maybe she was embarrassed that i was her partner all along, and not some other guy who she might have pictured in her mind.

I tried to explain to her that i loved her as Marinette and Ladybug but i didn't get the chance to. Before i knew it, she swung away on her yo-yo into the distance. I'll never forget that moment, her freshly stained face that was wet from tears, her eyes that looked at me like it was goodbye, and maybe it was. but i'm definitely not going to accept that.

"Plagg? are you even listening to me?" I throw a small piece of the stinky food at him as he chats with Tikki.

"No, not really" he comments back with his usual whines before gobbling up the cheese.

"Adrien, i'm sure Marinette will come back to us. I know it's been a while and trust me i'm very worried too, but you weren't suppose to find out eachother's identities. With your dad in prison now we don't have to worry about him destroying the city with harmful villains anymore, so Marinette has time to clear her head" Tikki flies up to Adrien landing in his hands with Plagg.

Plagg was right, my father was in prison. And even though he was never around, with Marinette gone i feel more lonely then i've ever felt in my life.

After all of this, i have nobody left. Tikki's right, but Marinette might never come back. My dad's in prison for the rest of his life, my mom's dead, the love of my life is missing, i don't have anyone.

Sure there is Nino and Alya, but they're busy doing their own thing together. I guess i never realized how much i needed Marinette until i didn't have her.

"What if she doesn't though Tikki? what if she's too embarrassed of me to come back"

"Adrien's right Tikki, not about the whole embarrassment part, though that might be tru- Hey what was that for!" Plagg exclaims getting smacked upside the head by Tikki.

"Not helping!"

"I just really don't want to be alone anymore." i sigh before walking to my window in desperation.

It hasn't even been that long yet my whole body aches for her.
what if she's hurt?
what if somebody took her?
what if she's never coming back?
or what if she's dead?

If she's alive, all i ask is she at least let's me know because worrying about her constantly is driving me insane.

"Adrien?" My fathers old assistant Natalie asks opening my door,