Chapter 2 - The Arrival

Clem woke up in an old bunk bed with a terrible headache. She sat up in her bed and looked around the room.

"Gabe? AJ? " She asked standing up.

Then she walked to the door and opened it. She looked in the hallway. It seemed like an old school. She walked down the hallway as she pulled out her knife. She heard steps around the corner
Right before the person got around the corner Clem tackled the person.

"Where am I?! " She yelled threatening the kid with the knife

"You are awake! " He answered smiling

"Who are you? Where am I? And where are Gabe and AJ? "

"I-I'm Tenn. You're safe here and your boys are eating their dinner. " Tenn said being afraid of Clem.

Clem put the knife away, stood up and helped the boy up.

"Can you lead me to them? "

"Sure, you seem like a nice person. At least Gabe told me you're nice" Tenn said

He walked away with Clem until they arrived outside

Clem saw some kids eating and she spotted Gabe and AJ sitting alone.

They looked up before Clem arrived at their table.

"Clem! You're awake! " Gabe and AJ said both hugging her tightly.

"Yeah I am" Clem chuckled.

"Hey there, guys! " Clem said smiling hugging back them back.

At this moment, a girl and a boy walked over to their table.

"Hey, Clem! You finally woke up too" Louis said.

"Y-You know my name? "Clem asked.

"Yes your son told us" Violet answered.

"Oh he is not my son. I just raised him from the beginning. " Clem smiled at AJ.

"Oh we didn't know. We wanted to welcome you to Ericson Boarding School for Troubled Youth! You all can live here, unless you do something stupid. And there's one condition: You have to help us with some work. "

"Oh thank you guys! What's your name btw? " Clem asked.

"Oh sorry. I'm Violet, this is Louis. " Violet explained. "Over there is Aasim, Brody, Omar, Ruby, Mitch, Willy and Tenn. " She pointed at them as she said their names.

Omar walked over to their table and gave Clem a bowl of stew. "There you go" Omar smiled at her.

"Thanks" Clem said before digging her spoon into the stew.

"We'll leave you guys alone now. Come to me if you need something. " Violet said turning around. Louis and Violet left to sit on the table with the other kids.

"So what do you think? " Gabe asked.

"What do you mean? " Clem asked back

"Do you think we should give this school a try as a home? " Gabe asked smiling

"Definitely"

"I'm glad to hear that! If I would've sat in this damn car, I would've gone crazy! " Gabe giggled.

"Yeah, sure" She said standing up. They walked to their table and sat down with them.

"Hey, guys. What's up? " Louis asked.

"Oh nothing. We just wanted to sit down with you guys and get to know you a bit better. " Clem answered.

"Well we'd love to get to know you guys better, too" Louis stated.

"What's your backstory? I mean, where were you, as the world went to hell? " Violet asked.

"We weren't always together, I lived with my family as my grandpa died. He turned and attacked my whole family. Then I was in a van for years before I met Clem. " Gabe said.

"I was in my house while my parents were in Savannah and left me with a babysitter... Some weird dude showed up at the door and killed her. I hid in my treehouse in the backyard before a guy named Lee showed up. He took care of me. He didn't survive long... After a few years, I crashed a car with Gabes uncle in it. He lead me to a junkyard, where Gabe was. Since that point we are together... "Clem said

" Wow, that's impressing! "Louis exclaimed. "We can continue this in the morning, it's getting late. I think I'm gonna go to sleep now. You three should rest too." He said standing up.

"Yeah just let me finish my meal" Clem said as she started to dig her spoon into her food.

Violet left as well.

"So do you like it here? " Gabe asked smiling.

"Yes I do. For now at least. The people here are very nice. " Clem smiled back.

"Did they tell you, how damaged our car is? " Clem asked finishing her meal.

"Yup, it was a total crash. No way we're getting it repaired. " Gabe said looking on the floor.

"Oh god damn it... Do you want to go to sleep now? "

"Yeah, sounds great! I'm so damn tired. " Gabe sighed.

"AJ, do you want to come with us? "

AJ nodded before standing up. Gabe and Clem stood up as well and went inside to their dorm.

Gabe opened the door and they got inside.

"So where do you guys wanna sleep? " Clem asked.

"I'm gonna sleep there, I guess" Gabe answered pointing at the left bunk bed.

"But AJ always wants to sleep with me, after he's got a bad dream. So could you please sleep on the other side? " Clem asked.

"Yeah sure. You're a great mom" Gabe chuckled.

"You think so? "

"Of course! " Gabe answered putting his hand on her shoulder.

Clem blushed as he touched her. But she was able to hide it from him because she walked to her bed and laid down in it.

"Feels comfortable" Clem smiled looking up to the ceiling.

Gabe laid down in his bed and AJ laid down in his bed.

"Good night guys! " Gabe said.

"Wait! " AJ said. "Can you guys please tuck me in? "

"Sure goofball. " Clem said going to his bed.

Gabe went to his bed as well. Clem tucked him in and kissed him on the forehead and so did Gabe.

"Good night, goofball" She smiled at him.

"Night, kiddo" Gabe said smiling as well.

"Good night, guys" AJ smiled closing his eyes.

Clem went back to her bed and Gabe went back to his bed.

"Good night Clem. " Gabe said as he laid down in his bed.

"Wait! " Clem said

"What? Do you want me to tuck you in too? " Gabe joked

"No... Can you sleep with me? I mean sleep in my bed with me? I don't really feel safe here. " Clem asked while blushing like crazy

"O-Of course I can. " He answered before he laid down in her bed.

Clem laid down beside him and Gabe put his arm around her waist.

"Good night, Gabe" Clem said smiling and closing her eyes.

"Buenos Noches, Clem" Gabe said before falling asleep.

After a few minutes they all fell asleep.