Chapter 3

Lexa was sitting on a park bench, just trying to clear her head. In the few days that had passed since her parent's funeral her plate had been insanely full and her mind, even more so. Being back here was hard enough, but running into Clarke and finding out that she was engaged of all things, well, that was just cruel and unusual punishment.

She hadn't been surprised at Clarke's reaction to seeing her, not even a little bit. If there was one thing that Lexa was sure about, it was the pain that she had caused Clarke when she just up and left her so suddenly. She had seen it in her eyes that night, she had watched Clarke's soul shatter and had done absolutely nothing to stop it. If anything, she encouraged it. She had to, it was the only way.

Part of her was glad. Glad, that Clarke had been able to move on and glad that she had found someone that she wanted to spend her life with. The rest of her however, was undeniably devastated at the news. It broke her heart to think of Clarke feeling that way for anyone other than her. After all, it was supposed to be them. They had already talked about it and everyone even agreed. They were the ones that were supposed to spend their lives together and move through this world together. It was supposed to be them, always them, until it wasn't.

A group of teenage girls sat down on the bench across from Lexa and though she could barely hear most of what they were saying, she heard enough to know that it was a typical teenage conversation, mostly about gossip, boys and what was going on that weekend. Lexa smirked at the innocence of it all before another memory stirred in her mind. It was the memory the night that a stupid kids game showed her a little more about the people she had been spending time with, and a little more about Clarke.

***********************************************************************************************

Lexa and Clarke were leaning against the counter in the kitchen, talking about nonsense when Monty poked his head in. "You two playing?"
Clarke glanced up. "Playing what?"
Monty smiled playfully. "Never have I ever," he answered.
"Isn't that a little juvenile?" Lexa asked as her brow furrowed slightly.
"Maybe," Raven answered as she appeared at Monty's side, "but just because we're adults doesn't mean that we can't act little juvenile from time to time."
"You always act juvenile," Clarke reminded her with a laugh.
"Fair enough," Raven conceded quickly.
"Look, being that we've expanded a bit," Monty motioned to Lexa, "we just figured this would be the quickest and easiest way for everyone to learn a little more."
Lexa shook her head. No. It was ridiculous.
Clarke also shook her head, but then smiled. "We'll be in."
"We will?" Lexa questioned, giving the blonde a funny look. She was already starting to feel her first couple of drinks and didn't know how good of an idea this actually was.
"You're not afraid, are you?" Clarke smiled mischievously and wiggled her eyebrows. "Think I'll find out some dirt on you, Ms. Woods?"
Lexa narrowed her eyes as her lips pursed. "Alright. Let's play." Challenge accepted.

Clarke laughed and dragged Lexa into the living room, where she sat down next to Finn and Lexa crossed over and sat next to Anya and Lincoln.

"Ok so, for anyone who doesn't know, the rules are very simple," Raven said getting to her feet. "One person makes a statement, if you've done what they haven't, you drink."
"This should be interesting," Anya said, cocking her eyebrow as she leaned against the doorway. "Who's starting?"
"I will," Monty said and cleared his throat. "Never have I ever, gone streaking."

Finn, Anya, Raven and Jasper all drank. No surprises there.

"Never have I ever, woken up with someone whose name I couldn't remember," Bellamy said.

Anya, Raven, Jasper and Finn drank. Again, not so surprising.

Octavia was up next. "Never have I ever, peed in a bottle," she grinned.