Chapter 8

Clarke stretched out in the bathtub, letting herself just get lost in the heat of the water and the relaxing sensation that was spreading through her body. The last few days had been wreaking havoc on her, both mentally and physically.

Spending time with Lexa again had been both wonderful and tragic. Wonderful, because it felt so good to just sit and talk with her again, to just be in the same room as her. It felt warm and comforting, just like it always had. Tragic, because she still felt the hurt that Lexa had caused her and though Raven had pointed out that Lexa was still, Lexa, she knew that nothing would ever be able the way that it was. It just couldn't be. There was just no way to erase what had happened, no way to undo it and no way to truly forgive it. Life had moved on and so had they.

Clarke sighed as she leaned her head back and closed her eyes. At that moment, more than anything, all that she wanted to do was turn her mind off. She needed a break from her thoughts, a break from the memories, but even as she thought this, another one came slipping in.

***********************************************************************************************

Raven had been having a rough few weeks, she was struggling after a guy that she liked stared seeing someone else and she was asking the most ridiculous favor of Lexa.

"Come on, Commander," Raven pleaded. "Help a girl out!"
"Why me?" Lexa argued. "You know lots of people. Clarke's not going with anyone – take her."
"Hello, have you looked in a mirror?" Raven retorted quickly. "You're beyond smokin' hot."
"Stop that," Lexa told her sharply.
"Besides, I can't take Clarke," Raven insisted. "Wick knows her, but he doesn't know you."
Lexa audibly groaned. "So, you want to make this guy jealous?"
"I absolutely do," Raven confirmed, nodding her head quickly, "and maybe, kind of rub it in his face that I can show up with a way hotter date than he can."
"Which is obviously bullshit," Lexa chuckled as she shook her head, "considering what you're asking."
"Hey! I could if I wanted to, but I don't and besides, I don't even have time to try," Raven defended herself confidently. "Listen, I don't expect you to get it, but help me out. All you have to do is pretend to be my date," she said, placing her hands together. "I'll be good. I promise."
"It's really not that big of a deal," Octavia interjected from the couch where she was lounging with Lincoln.
"Then why don't you do it," Lexa huffed at her.
"Please, please, please," Raven begged ridiculously.
Clarke glanced over at her, finding her eyes and shrugged. "I agree with Octavia," she said simply. "It's really not a big deal."
Lexa sighed and turned back to Raven. "Will you stop calling me Commander?"
Raven shrugged. "For the night," she smirked playfully.
"Fair enough," Lexa nodded, "but, make no mistake Reyes, you owe me."
"Yes! You're fucking awesome!" Raven jumped triumphantly. "I'll meet you out front at seven," she said a left the room quickly.

Lexa showed up exactly at seven and Clarke's mouth went dry at the sight of her, she looked absolutely breathtaking. She had kept her hair down and wild, but used a few complicated braids to hold the front out of her face. She wore a simple black dress that fell just passed her knees, it was low in the front and open in the back and she'd paired it with equally simple black heels. Her smoky eye makeup was perfectly accentuating the green of her eyes and the red lipstick she wore made it damn near impossible to not stare at her lips.

"You look fucking amazing," Raven told her instantly.
"I thought that was the point," Lexa replied with a slight smirk.

All night long Clarke kept finding herself staring at Lexa and wanting to snap Raven's fingers any time they touched her. They were playing their parts well and even though she knew that it was a ruse, Clarke couldn't seem to stifle the burning feeling of jealousy that surged through her every time that she saw them interacting. It was confusing and strange, and the fact that she couldn't explain it, made it downright annoying. It made for the longest night ever and left her at a loss on what, if anything, to do about it.