005

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned announced for the entire gym to hear. Peter looked at Ned with his eyes wide, and everyone stopped what they were doing to turn their attention to Peter. Angela loosened her grip on the rope then slid down to the ground. She knew this was going to end in some sort of disaster.

"No, I don't. No. I mean-" Peter stuttered, which wasn't helping him in the current situation he was in.

"They're friends!" He yelled out. Angela facepalmed, and the only thing she could do now was pray.

"Yeah," Flash said out of nowhere. "like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends."

Peter continued to stutter through his answers. It sure was hard to keep up a lie as big this this. "I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's through the Stark internship."

He then turned to Ned and gritted his teeth. "And, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

Angela giggled at the sight of how angry Peter was, but luckily the secret wasn't exposed to the entire class. If that were to happen, he would be ruined.

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party." Flash kept the smirk he always has on his face then turned to Liz. "Right?"

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come." Liz said, putting on a slightly awkward smile.

"Having a party?"

Liz smiled at Peter, this time her smile was genuine, and Peter's heart couldn't help but flourish. "Yeah, it's gonna be dope."

The somewhat nice moment was ruined by Flash to no surprise. "You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."

"Um-"

"It's okay." She sighed. "I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so-"

"Come on." Flash interrupted. "He'll be there. Right, Parker?"

In what seemed like perfect timing, the bell rang. The students started to make their exit as quickly as possible, wanting nothing to do with gym class. Peter turned to Ned in frustration, wondering what the hell just happened. "What are you doing?"

"Helping you out. Did you not hear her? Liz has a crush on you!" Ned exclaimed. Liz didn't have a crush on Peter, she was crushing on Spider-Man. There was a huge difference. Peter was a whole different person with the suit on. He has confidence he never knew he had, but the real Peter Parker didn't have that. "Dude, you're an Avenger. If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you."

Angela speed walked up to them, her arms crossed and face screaming that she was pissed. "What the hell was that?"

"I'm being his wingman." Ned replied. "Why do you look pissed? Are you-"

"You could've blown his cover!" She whisper yelled. Even after only knowing the secret for a day, Ned was quick to almost fuck it up.

Peter had to agree with Angela, she was right. Ned already embarrassed Peter enough. "Yeah, Ned. You could've blown my cover!"

"Hey, we just got a party invite. I'd say I did you a favor." He shrugged. The last part was kind of a dig at Peter's previous statements claiming he was doing Ned a favor by not being there for their hangouts.