007

Sunday

Not much happened after the events of Liz's party. Currently Ned and Angela were in Ned's bedroom, sitting on plush bean bags listening to Angela's "vibes" playlist. Since it was Sunday, there wasn't much going on for the two of them. They had school tomorrow, but that wasn't exciting whatsoever.

Ned remembered what happened during truth or dare at Liz's party and had asked Angela a question out of nowhere. "Is it really true that you've never been kissed?"

Angela looked at him a little confused, but answered anyway. "Obviously. If it happened already I would've been jumping for joy for the next week. Why?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Just sounded like there was no way it could be true."

"I guess." She frowned a little. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Ned asked confused.

"Have you been kissed before?" Angela questioned him. Ned laughed a little at her question, since there was no way it was gonna happen anytime soon for him. "God no. No girl has taken interest in me."

She sighed, relating to his pain. "Well no boy has taken interest in me."

The words Peter told him echoed through Ned's head, and he had been thinking about it since that night. "Did you know a person's eye will dilate when they're with the person they love?"

Ned took a look at her eyes, wondering if this so called "theory" was true. She looked at him as well, confused as to why he was staring at her. Her eyes sure were dilated, sparking an idea in Ned's head. "I got an idea."

Angela raised an eyebrow. "Go on..."

"You've never been kissed, I've never been kissed, what if we just get it over with?"

"Huh?"

"I mean what if we were each other's first kisses? Then we can just move on with our lives." Angela really thought for a good two minutes about this. This was her best friend since they were babies. What if this kiss ruined everything between them? There was really no going back after that. But in the end she agreed. What's one kiss? "I... okay."

Now Ned was practically freaking out on the inside. He had crushed on her for so long and now he's finally getting to kiss her. He couldn't even understand how he had to balls to ask her to be each other's first kisses. All it took was a leap of faith.

As they started to lean in, Angela failed to realize she still had her bubble gum in her mouth. Right as they were about to go for it, she felt the gum go down her throat, and it didn't feel great. Her eyes widened, and she starting coughing a lot.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Do I smell?" Ned frantically asked her, wondering what did he do wrong.

She shook her head no, and quickly grabbed a nearby bottle of water. Angela quickly guzzled the water, and swallowed. "I almost choked on my gum but I swallowed it."

"Have fun for the next seven years." He chuckled.

"That's a myth!" She crossed her arms. They say it takes seven years to digest gum when you swallow it, but rumor has it it's false. "I beg to differ."