014

"The one and only Spider-Man returns to his normal, boring high school life." Angela says to Peter and Ned. Peter was currently moping as he walked the halls since he ruined his chances of impressing Mr. Stark. He ended up getting his suit taken away, which was equivalent to parents taking their children's phones as punishment. "Congratulations, Peter. You're now just like everyone else again."

"Wow." Peter looks down. "Thanks."

"I'm just messing with you." She pokes. "I'm really sorry about the whole losing your suit thing. But hey, now you can focus on your school work and maybe pass a test for once."

"I was never failing." He looks up and raises an eyebrow.

"No. You were slipping though."

"Whatever." Peter rolls his eyes.

Angela changes the subject to lighten the mood, and the perfect topic to bring up was the upcoming dance. "So, you guys excited for homecoming?"

"Homecoming?" Peter questions her.

"Have you been living under a rock?" She asks him. "It's this Friday, dumbass."

"Oh, right." In all honestly he totally forgot it was happening. The Spider-Man lifestyle really took over a lot of the existing normal parts of his life.

"You gonna ask Liz?"

"God no!" He shakes his head. "Why would I do that?"

Angela looks at him as if he were an idiot, which he kind of is one. "Uh, cause you like her? God, Peter. You really can be stupid sometimes."

Peter rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna pretend you never said that. Anyway, I don't think I'll ask her. She'll just say no."

"You never know until you actually get an answer." Angela smirks. She wasn't wrong, but maybe she should use that advice on herself.

"Or I could just ignore it forever."

"You're so fucking stupid. I've seen her smile when you're around her. There's clearly something there." Let's be real, Angela was a hypocrite. She now knew the way Ned looked at her and the way he smiled when she's talking to him. Saying this only made her sound like a hypocrite.

"Really?" Peter eyes lit up after Angela mentioned "I've seen her smile when you're around her."

"Would I lie?"

"You know what? I'm gonna ask her." Angela felt proud of herself knowing she did what she called "charity work", but it was the least she could do after everything Peter has gone through.

"That's my boy!" Ned cheers for him. He was kind of silent the whole conversation, but the two didn't bother mentioning it.

"That was kinda creepy. Never do that again." Peter cringes.

"Understandable." Ned shrugs. "But you better do it!"

•••

It was now free period and Peter, Ned and Angela sat in one of the band's practice rooms building the LEGO Death Star that was ruined a couple weeks back. "Did you do it yet?"