013

Monday

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death."

"I sure as hell defeated death alright." Angela laughed. Why not joke about almost dying? She sure didn't seem to care now.

"As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again."

"Hey, I could've died too!" Peter whined. Both Angela and Ned shrugged at him. He was a superhero, he wasn't just a normal human anymore.

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured, thanks to the Spider-Man. Thank you, Spider-Man."

"Ah, yes. Thank you Spider-Man." Angela poked at Peter. This caused Ned to cringe a little, but he kept it to himself.

"Up next: The Spider-Man mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider spirit?"

"What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" Ned asks him.

Peter was absolutely excited to be the talk of the school, except the fact nobody knew it was him. "Crazy, dude."

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?"

Angela gave him a look. How many times did she have to tell him what's right and what's wrong? "Oh my god, Ned-"

"Should I tell everyone?"

"No, dude, no, that's not a good idea." Peter shook his head.

Ned frowned a little since he really wanted to flex that he's best friends with the one and only Spider-Man. "Okay, come on, we'll be late to class."

"I'm not going to class." Peter said.

Angela rolled her eyes at Peter since she was so done with this nonsense now. "You're already in so much trouble for ditching the Decathlon."

"I figured it out, alright?" He protests to them. "The wing suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all I gotta do is catch him."

"But we have a Spanish quiz..." Ned trailed off.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in-"

"You want to be a high school dropout?" Angela question him.

Peter only shrugged and began to make an exit. "I am so far beyond high school right now."

"Parker, my office." The principal said.

"Ooooo." Ned and Angela snickered.

•••

At lunch, Peter looked extremely upset. He had gotten after school detention and he really didn't want to talk about it. But of course he would be getting interrogated.

"What's got you down, bud?" Angela asked him. "High school got you good?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Peter grunted.