017

Saturday

As much as Angela wanted to ignore what happened last night forever, she had to talk to Ned about you know what. She got herself prepared to walk next door to Ned's, and even thought of multiple outcomes in her head, only making her even more nervous than she already was.

"Honey, where are you heading?" Her mom asked from the kitchen.

"Ned's house." Angela replied. "I don't think I'll be gone for long."

Angela's mom didn't say another word, and hoped everything would go well. She walked the very short walk to Ned's and hesitantly knocked on the door. She wasn't sure if he would be at Peter's, and right as she began to leave Ned opened the door. "Ang?"

She quickly turned around. He was still in his pajamas, which somewhat made sense since it was about 11 am.

"Can I come in?" She asks, and he nods. "Yeah, uh, I should change."

"If you insist." Angela says. She waits in the living room as he heads to his bedroom to change, and emerges a little more than five minutes later.

"My parents aren't home, uh, what brings you here?" Ned was pretty much freaking out right now. He was struggling to hide it.

"We need to talk about last night." She blurts.

"Right. Let's go to my room." The two then go to Ned's bedroom, and Angela sure didn't know what she was going to do now.

They sat down on bean bag chairs, and it was pretty silent. "So..."

"I like you too." Angela confesses. "I didn't get the chance to tell you."

Ned took this by surprise. "Really? Not like... Peter or anyone else? Me?"

She nodded at him, and he wanted to jump for joy. Ned contemplated all night on whether Angela liked him back. She got to hear his confession last night, but didn't get to tell her own. Plus Ned thought his chances were ruined after he left her at the dance like that because of Peter.

"Oh my god." Ned whispered to himself. "Should we like hug? Or-"

"Kiss me." Angela interrupts him. "You should've done it a long time ago."

And so they leaned in for a kiss, but before they did so, Ned just had to say something before it were to happen. "I don't know how to do this."

"Me either." She giggles. "Let's give it a shot."

Ned and Angela then finally kissed. No bubble gum to ruin the moment. Nothing holding them back. Just the two of them finally doing what they should've done back in the very same spot the weekend after Liz's party.

Of course their kissing skills were pretty weak, but they didn't care at all. Two best friends who just so happen to have feelings for each other finally got to share their first kisses.

As they pulled away, they couldn't help but be amazed with that actually happening. "Wow."

"I probably should've brushed my teeth first." Ned cringes at himself.

"Don't worry." Angela reassures him. "I have bubble gum."

•••

And that is the end of act one! Act two should be out once Far From Home is out and I have actually seen it.

If you're from the future, you don't have to wait! Lucky you!

I hope you enjoyed this story thus far and stick around for act two.