010

"Huh?" Angela said dumbfounded. Now Liz was confused as well.

"You don't know?" Liz asked her, and she shook her head. "You'd be an idiot if you didn't realize that boy is head over heels for you."

"I must be an idiot then." Angela shrugged, then plopped onto the bed. "Oh my god."

"It's pretty obvious, Ang." She said and sat down. "I mean, like, since middle school."

All Angela could do was attempt to process this, which she wasn't doing well. Like like? She knows she almost kissed him, but that was only to get their first kisses over with. Right? Now she had so many questions.

"Are you having a coming of age moment right now? Cause we can't afford any teen angst or anything tomorrow."

"I don't know, am I?" Angela questions herself, then began to freak out again. "My best friend like likes me!"

"Sorry I had to break the news, but it would've probably been said sooner or later." Liz shrugged.

Angela gave her a look, since she really wasn't helping her. "Thanks?"

"Come on, how about we all sneak to the pool? Get your mind off of it." She offered, but Angela denied. "I'll pass."

"Feel free to change your mind." Liz assured. Angela definitely needed to get her mind off of it, but she refuse to do so. "Nothing but a good old rebellious activity can help."

"My answer is still no." Angela replied, then apologized. "Sorry, Liz."

"It's cool." She said. "I'm gonna go get in my swimsuit. Good luck with your... dilemma."

"I'm gonna need it." Angela groaned. Liz went into the bathroom and quickly changed into her swimsuit. When she was done, she had some advice for Angela before her shenanigans with the other decathlon teammates.

"Hey, Ang?"

"Hm?"

"Don't stress yourself out too much about the whole Ned thing." Liz advised. "If you like him like that, that's completely okay. If you don't, that's okay too. Do what feels right."

Angela actually took the advice seriously. Did she like Ned? She wasn't exactly sure yet. As much as it was confusing, now she realized the subtle signs and hints. The almost kissing thing was definitely a big one. "I really needed that. Thanks."

"No problem. Wish me luck trying to sneak to the pool." She giggled and slowly opened the door to make her exit.

"Noted." Angela said and continued to lay down on her slightly uncomfortable bed.

Despite the fact that she shouldn't be leaving her room at this time, Angela didn't care one bit. So, she slipped on a pair of slip on vans and walked out of her hotel room. She saw Liz and some other decathlon teammates run down the hall giggling, then she noticed Peter standing there.

"Peter? What are you doing?" Angela whisper yelled. Peter turned around thinking it was Mr. Harrington, but was relieved to see it was Angela.

Peter walked up to her and whispered back. "I gotta go follow the bad guys. They're in Maryland."

"Don't get hurt, okay? You're basically my best friend too." She said quietly.

"I know." He replied, smiling a little. "I'll be back in time for the decathlon tomorrow."

"You better, cause I'll kill you." Angela jokingly threatened. Peter laughed a little, and the two hugged before he left.

"Before you go, move your hair out of your-" Angela attempted to move Peter's messy hair out of his face, but ended up poking his eye instead.

"Ow! My eye!" He winces.

"I'm so sorry!" She quickly apologizes. Peter blinked a couple times, and he ended up being okay.

"Don't worry, you didn't blind me. That definitely wouldn't be good for me. Mr. Stark would-"

"Peter, just go. You're stalling." Angela interrupts him. He was kind of scared to do this, but he had to prove to himself (and Mr. Stark) that he's more than just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

"Right. See you." Peter awkwardly smiles and walks away.

All while the two were talking, Ned had his head peaking out the doorframe, watching them. Now Ned had assumed something he feared more than Angela not liking him back: Angela liking Peter instead.

Once Peter left, Ned walked out of his hotel room and approached Angela. "Hey."

She jumped a little, not expecting him. "Shit, you scared me."

"Sorry." Ned whispered. "What are you doing up this late?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Angela sassed.

There was still a tiny bit of hope left for Ned. He hoped he could somehow like her back. But he didn't know that she was now aware of his feelings. Angela tried her best to not be awkward about it, so she continued to act friendly, which hurt Ned in some sort of way.

"Couldn't sleep." He said. "I've been, uh, thinking."

"About?" She asked.

"Stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Yeah."

The two heard footsteps from afar, and thought it would be best to go back to their rooms before they were caught. "See you tomorrow."

"See ya." Ned looked down and went back into his hotel room. He was then going to spend the rest of the night thinking about Angela and hoping that Peter wasn't going to get himself killed. He wouldn't know what to do without those two, but he definitely wouldn't know what to do if they ended up dating.

•••

Y'all hear sum ?

Eye poking moment provided by yours truly kingstonupontom

Unsure of the next time I'll update cause I need to write more ugh