015

Thanks to Peter finally having the courage to ask Liz to be his homecoming date, Angela and Ned were conflicted. They always went together as just the three of them, but now it's just Ned and Angela.

You see, Ned actually had no issue with this. He had planned on finally telling Angela how he felt at homecoming, but it didn't help that she was complaining about the two being alone at the dance. "So what are we gonna do now that Peter has a date? We always go as a trio! The trio was finally making a comeback."

"We could be each other's dates?" Ned proposed. He wasn't sure how he had the guts to even say his not so brilliant idea, but he did it anyway. "You know, as friends."

Angela was relieved about hearing "as friends." She refused to admit to herself that there was something going on between her and her best friend. Ned had finally stopped believing that there was something between Peter and Angela due to the fact that he's going with Liz and Angela was the one who encouraged it in the first place. "Yeah, we could."

"I don't see how it would be any different than before." He shrugged. "We always went to dances together."

It was true, but there was one thing Ned failed to mention. "Yeah, but with Peter tagging along. My mom would always drive us there and pick us up after then head to the diner."

"The diner where that girl Peter used to have a crush on works at?" Ned raised an eyebrow.

Angela thought about it for a second. "Yeah, that one! I forget the name though."

"Sadie's?"

"I thought it was Terry's?" She looked at him weirdly.

"Who goes to a diner named Terry's?" Ned chuckled.

"True." She said. "So I guess you'll come to my house before the dance?"

"Obviously." He replied. "I gotta see my favorite Esposito."

"And that would be Jackson." Angela giggled.

"Yup!" Ned smiled. She could only laugh at him because Jackson actually couldn't stand Ned. But he was only a little kid, so that could change quickly.

"I just can't wait for Friday now."

•••

Friday

"Oh my god it's Friday." Angela said to herself mid existential crisis. At first she was fine about it just being her and Ned, but now it's really sinking in.

"Angie, honey. Relax!" Her mom reassured her. "My ship is finally sailing!"

"Huh?" She looked at her puzzled.

"Isn't that what the kids say these days?" Angela's mom questioned.

Angela only shook her head in disappointment. "Mom, who let you get onto that part of the internet?"

"Ned was telling me all about his ships! Did you know he writes fanfiction-"

"Can you just help me get ready?" Angela interrupts. She was already on edge, and she just really wanted to get this over with.