011

It was now the day of the decathlon. Peter never returned last night, and Ned had been freaking out about it since this morning. Angela was furiously knocking on the door, since they couldn't be late for the competition.

"Ned! Peter! Come on, we don't have all day!" Angela yelled from outside the hotel room.

"Coming!" Ned yelled back, grabbed the "glowy thingy" and shoved it into his backpack. He opened the door, and Angela immediately questioned where Peter was. "Where's Peter?"

"Not here." He responded.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me." She grunted.

The two caught up with the rest of the students and made their way to the decathlon venue. There was still no sign of Peter, which only raised more concern for both Ned and Angela. Once arriving to the venue, they had to turn off their phones and hand them to security.

"Ned, Ang, do you know where Peter is?" Liz asked them. You could tell how nervous she was, and this definitely wasn't helping.

"Nope." Angela replied. "Haven't seen him."

"Oh god." Liz said to herself, then took a deep breath. "Flash! You're on!"

"Yes!" Flash raised his first in the air.

"Peter is so dead." Angela whispered to Ned.

"Totally."

•••

"We have now entered sudden death." The moderator announced. The decathlon was going smoothly, and it was now a tie between the two teams. "The next correct answer wins the championship."

Michelle hits the buzzer, and now all eyes were on her. "Midtown Tech?"

"Zero." She answers, shrugging.

"That is correct. Midtown takes the championship!" Everyone immediately hugs Michelle, forming a group hug. In a surprise, she doesn't push them all away and accepts the hug.

After the team's win, they all decided to go to the Washington monument to celebrate. All of the team was going to go up there, except Michelle. She didn't want to "celebrate something built by slaves".

They were now going through security and Peter called Ned, who quickly answers. "Peter, are you okay?"

"Ned, where's the glowy thing?" Peter frantically asks.

"Don't worry, it's safe. It's in my backpack." Ned replied. As he said this, he put his backpack on the conveyer belt, something he definitely shouldn't have done.

"No, the glowy thing is dangerous!"

Ned doesn't listen to him and rambles on about the competition. "You missed the Decathlon. I covered for you. Angela is pissed-"

"Ned, listen to me!" Peter yells.

"We're at the Washington Monument now. You gotta-"

Liz grabs Ned's phone, and Angela automatically gives her a look. "Peter, is that you?"

"Hi Liz-"