Chapter 45

Chapter Forty-Five

Senior year brings in the good and the bad. My college applications are lined up and about to be sent out. My grandfather has picked the schools he feels appropriate. I'm allowed to discuss which courses I might consider taking at each, but if I'd suggested not applying to a school because I didn't like it, or applying to another school that I did like, there probably would have been hell to pay.

And I'm on my best behaviour around my grandfather. More so than normal, because I cherish my time with Jennie and I know it would be the first thing to go if I step out of line.

So the envelopes are lined up: Harvard; Yale; Brown; Princeton; Dartmouth; Stanford; Berkeley; Cornell; MIT; Carnegie-Mellon; Duke.

Oh, and the University of Michigan. It's my safety school, along with Engineering at the University of Illinois and the University of Pennsylvania, because they're good.

I'm not sure I want to go to half of those schools. I definitely don't want to do Engineering, but U of Ill. is really good at it, or so my grandfather says. I would have liked to apply to Columbia, but my grandfather feels that schools in the middle of New York City are no good, no matter what their reputation is; it's the same with UCLA. Apparently being in the middle of Boston is less of an issue.

Still, the envelopes are lined up, along with my SAT scores.

I managed to run into the counselor from school when I was at the mall with Jennie one Friday evening. I asked her nicely if she'd have a chat with my grandfather about my SAT score, maybe convince him that a 2290 is quite good.

She did.

He believed her.

Thank God.

The SATs are out of the way. College applications are done. I have the world's most beautiful girlfriend, one who makes me come so hard, I see stars.

At least at school I'll get to see her every day.

But it's going to be hard to convince my grandfather that my Friday night sleepovers should continue. Now that school is back, he's going to be right against that. Jennie every day vs. limited make out/sex time... it's a hard call.

She seems confident we'll find a way together. Her argument is that we've gotten over every other obstacle.

In fact, the only thing we can't agree on is letting our relationship being generally known. She's all for just being us, because she wants to be able to hold me and kiss me at school. I'm desperately afraid it will get back to my grandfather and therefore want us to keep it to ourselves.

In the end, it's an argument that I win, simply because I refuse to be affectionate at school with her. At least, not where we can be seen. The occasional quickie in the bathroom or gym changing rooms are fine by me.

What? She's turned me into a bit of a sex fiend.

She's good at it. It's not my fault.

And I've improved. And I love it. I love her. I love being with her.

So she's grumpy about having less sex though. It's cute.

The first week, she's just happy to have me around her every day. I personally think that anyone with two eyes can tell we're together, even if we don't actively pursue public displays of attention.

Jongin is certainly looking at us funny.

Especially when he catches us in the corner of the library, kissing.

I've never seen him look so upset.

Jennie shrugs it off. She thinks it's because she's moved on, and he's angry about it. I think it's probably more that she's moved on with me, and he's losing on both counts. I'm not going to say that to her, though. Her ego can be a little fragile at times.