Epilogue

Epilogue (JENNIE's POV)

She's so fucking beautiful, my girl.

I hope she knows how proud I am of her. She's up there, giving her speech, and although I should be listening, I'm really just watching her entrancing beauty in the sunlight.

Besides, I've heard the speech three times. She spent all of yesterday evening pacing up and down our room practicing. Very cute.

Of course, she had to give the speech. She came top of the class, whipping the rest of us with her intelligence. I mean, I'm no dummy but she's something else, my Jisoo.

And we're graduating. Then it's on to a new chapter in our lives. I'm so glad we're doing it together. Yeah, we're going to different colleges, and, yeah, we'll be apart a lot, but we're close enough to see each other half the week. That's pretty good. It's not exactly a long-distance relationship, half-way across Manhattan.

My baby got into Columbia. Of course she did. She's such a freakin' genius. And I got into NYU, surprising everyone, not least my step-mother who always accuses me of only having one quality greater than my smarts and that's my laziness. She's probably right.

Chu is gonna miss school. I won't. No way, no how. I'll miss my friends, my parents, my home. I'll even miss Jongin in a way. At a stretch, I'll even miss Kyla. But, school? Nu-uh.

I think Jisoo will miss her grandfather. She forgave him for everything. I never will. I only keep my seething anger towards the bastard under my skin because I know it'll get me nowhere with her. I'll never change how she feels and I'll never change how he acts, so why should I explode? I swear to God, though, if he ever hurts her again, even with words, I'll kill him.

And I'd make it look like an accident.

I come off looking like such a psycho sometimes. I'm not. I just really love Jisoo.

I've had a few boyfriends and girlfriends. I've slept with more people than I've dated and I'm not necessarily proud of that. I've never felt this way about anyone, though. Jisoo, I love, through and through. She's worried that I'll stray at college. She's so far off the mark.

My heart is hers. Now and forever.

I know, I know. I'm really young and things might change but it's just one of those things I'm certain of.

Jisoo finishes her speech and I join in the resounding round of applause. I like to think I clap just a little louder and a little harder than everyone else. She makes her way back to her seat, which is four down from me. Damn the Clarkes, Claytons and Daltons. Damn them.

I give her a grin, knowing she's terribly nervous, and add a thumbs up to it. She smiles back at me gratefully.

I watch her graceful legs fold neatly as she sits down and swallow, eyes forward again. I know what she's wearing under her gown: a nice pair of slacks and a blouse. Unfortunately, I also know what she's wearing under that and personally I'd like to be somewhere very private with her right now.

I'll have to wait.

Diplomas are passed out and received. I hold mine, still rather proud to have made it through high school, let alone heading off to college. Jisoo gets hers and then has to return to the stage for a ridiculous number of awards.

She took out about half the school prizes. My smart ass.

Mine.

Oh yeah, she's mine. I can see it shining in her eyes as we finally get to break after getting all the presentations over. As a class we pose for our photos and her hand is warm in mine as we do so. I don't care who sees. I never have.