Chapter 4

*UPDATED 2020 JUNE*

Alec Awiche

I hate slow walkers.

I mean, I'm a slytherin, so I should hate everything right, but I don't. I love books, and I love talking and other things. I hate those damn Gryffindor's because they're so cocky, but one thing I hate is slow walkers. Fair enough right? Like, you have space, there is no limit to how fast you can go, but seriously, just
W-A-L-K.

The first years have literally no idea as to where they're going, so they walk slow, leaving the rest of us to walk slower than a snails pace behind them. Like I get it. You're new, but like you have YEARS to see everything. Cecelia actually hexed one, a first year, because they pissed her off. She got detention on the first day. Legendary. An absolute role model. I hope the eye roll was loud enough.

I mean, sure, they're annoying, and we are Slytherin, but like I just PUSH them out of the way and threaten them to go faster. There's easier ways, folks.

For my first period class, I was near to the last student sitting, ending up beside a Ravenclaw boy who shrinked away when I looked at him. I had no other friends in my class as they had something else, so I was stuck alone. The hufflepuff mudblood who my friends and I teased, sat at the back all alone, looking out of place. I got up and walked to who she was sitting near, a gryffindor girl, and forced her to move, plopping myself down beside her.

"I don't want to be tormented." She instantly said tensing, making me smirk.

"But it's fun, and anyways, I have better things to do right now... like learn." I stated and looked to the front as the potions professor began his lesson.

The girl beside me took flawless notes through out the lesson, I watched her loop her words with strokes of a quill, almost forgetting where I was and when called upon I answered correctly to the question and a few snickers were sent my way seeing I was beside a hufflepuff.

Near half way through, we were told to write down and speak about different potions and as I turned to her she grimaced and sighed, "I don't want to talk to you." She said softly, "your friends were rude, so were you."

"I'm not sorry." I said flatly and as she began to speak the teacher addressed us once more.

"Oh, and students, who ever you are sitting by right now is your potions partner, so get used to them!"

"No, gosh no." She whispered and I smirked and turned to her.

"Lookie, I guess you'll be putting up with me all year. I'm Alec, by the way... you are? Unless you'd just rather mudblood" I say as she looks to me nervously.

"Kayla." She said simply.

And simply it was, a simple name for a simple Hufflepuff girl.