Chapter 10

*New June 2020*

Kayla

Not only did I find out hours after Malcom punched Alec in the nose, but I found it out from Alec's female lackey, Cecelia, who was dead set on me paying for Malcoms misdeed.

Long story short, a Ravenclaw prefect had to use a disarming charm on the Slytherin girl to force Cecelia's wand off me.

"IT IS THE FIRST DAY, CALM IT." The Ravenclaw yelled at Cecelia as the Slytherin girl raced to grab her wand again.

"Back at you, bird." Cecelia grumbled and pointed her wand back at me.

"Ms, take your wand off the Hufflepuff, or you'll be serving detention." A professor spoke up after hearing the commotion.

Cecelia lowered her wand and the professor left.

Cecelia raised her wand to me again.

Oh boy. Just fantastic.

"It's your fault. You need to pay." Cecelia said confidently.

"It's not my fault, I'm not in control of anyone." I responded slowly and held up my hands.

"Yes you are. You and those- those two boys! It's your fault. No wonder your female friend got what-" Cecelia spoke.

"Stop." Alec growled and walked to Cecelia, lowering her wand arm, "Cecelia, back down. Keep your mouth shut."

"Alec- I cant, no, she needs to pay." Cecelia insisted.

"Cecelia, I understand, but not here." Alec growled lowly and met her eyes. She lowered her wand all the way.

Bleh. Gross. Please don't, please don't kiss.

"Let's go to the table." Alec said and started walking into the Hall and made their way to the table.

I looked to the Ravenclaw Prefect and gave her a nod of thanks, and she returned it before turning on her heel sharply back to her books. The prefect was right, it was only day one, and stuff was already turning out terribly. I decided not to eat and headed back up to the common room. I sat on the couch near the fire and laid back. Soon enough, falling asleep and later waking up to others talking, and one of my roommates waking me to go to our dorm.

Maybe today was just a trial.