Chapter 6

*UPDATED JUNE 2020*

Alec Awiche

I didn't mean to be a total ass. I mean, I meant to be an ass, but not in that way. Not how I treated them. I mean, I did mean to get Kayla's friend in trouble, and her getting in trouble was just another thing that happened. Just had to make sure slytherin was up in points. And her getting in trouble was pretty funny. She gets so damn flustered.

When the class ended with the drama of Rowan shooting icy glares in my direction and Kayla wearing a set frown the entire class, I walked to my next class, which was Charms, sat down with the rest of the people in my house from the class and listened, keeping a blank face the entire class.

The teacher was a small man, he had been the teacher of the class for many years. You could tell. He seemed relaxed as he spoke hurriedly about how holding your wand the correct way is important, and also for the fact I had him in the past years. Honestly, his age could be quite the number if you took in his wrinkles and the slang he uses consistently.

When my mind wandered from the teacher it found its way to Kayla, of how disappointed she looked when we became partners for a project and when the points were taken away from her. So what? It happens to everyone. She needed to- This captivated my thoughts I don't know how long, until the room went silent, most likely.

Shit. Silent.

"Mr. Awiche, I asked you a question, you did not answer. Now, I shall ask you again: do you have other things to be doing right now, or can you tune into my class? If not, sit in the hall and I will speak to you later." The teacher practically snarled.

I smirked at his annoyance and opened my mouth to speak, "Sir, i don't care if you're annoyed. If you have a problem, speak to my parents. It's not my issue."

Wow. That was harsh.

"Leave my class." The professor was not having the back talk, apparently.

"No." I shot back and crossed my arms as I stared him down.

"Alec-"

A bell then sounded for the class to end, and I no stood up, my house mates looking to me and the teacher.

"Oh well," I said and shrugged, "guess that's the bell, and guess you aren't my boss anymore." I walked out of his class as the teacher began to yell in anger after me. That's okay. He'd get over it.

My house mates patted me on the back, my other classmates mumbling for how dumb I was to argue with a teacher, but of course, their opinions are invalid. A shorter slytherin boy shot a hex at them, making them scatter about as they quickly ran to their next class and I sauntered my way to History of Magic.