Too Much Pain

"WATCH OUT!!!" Hiccup yelled, pointing behind Astrid.
When she turned and saw the spear flying threw the air, she knew. She knew she wouldn't be seeing the end of this battle.
She mouthed, "I love you," as the metal point pierced through her stomach, blood immediately soaking her tunic.
Hiccup's screams could be heard for miles as Astrid plummeted off Stormfly into the sea. His whole being felt as though it was wrenched, gutted, ripped right out of him. "ASTRIIID!!!" He cried out desperately, reaching out into the air. "NO!!"
   All dragon's stopped mid flight, the gang all sitting in shock. This couldn't be happening.
   "Astrid.." Ruffnut didn't understand. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she was gone. Just like that.
   "ASTRID!!! ASTRID ASTRID ASTRID'!! NOO!!"
   The sound of his voice like that scared everyone. The pain could be heard, felt just from that. Hiccup was in utter agony. An inescapable pain that wasn't going to stop. Brick by brick, his walls came tumbling down. Toothless landed with a thump in the grass. Hiccup fell of him onto his knees, and just.. broke down. The sobs punched through his muscles, his bones, his whole body.
   Valka leapt off of Cloudjumper and rushed to Hiccup. enclosing him in her tight grip. He fell against her, letting his heart yank in and out of  his chest. It pulled back in like a yo-yo. In and out. Over and over. He was hollow. His life was crumbling at his fingertips.
    "Hiccup," Valka said in a trembling voice as she caressed him soothingly. "Breathe. Breathe. In and out."
   Hiccup sat up and wiped his tears. "I-I'm Fine.." he stood up and started rummaging around in Toothless's saddle bags. He was in shock, and he was losing it. "I'm... I'm..."
   "Hiccup?" Fishlegs said tentatively. Tears streamed down his cheeks, as wells as everyone else's.
   "She...she's gone." As much as he tried to hold it in, to be strong for his people, the pain came out like an uproar from Hiccup's throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down his cheeks one after another, without a sign of stopping. He fell to his knees once again and pounded the ground with his fists. The sobs wracked against his chest.
   "Do you think she felt any pain?" He asked miserably as Valka knelt down beside him.
   "No," she whispered. "She was gone before she had time to register any pain."
   Hiccup nodded and closed his eyes miserably, pressing more tears down his cheeks as the world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The tastes.  The smells. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against Hiccup before he lost the feeling of feeling. Everything darkened into nothingness as he passed out into the oblivion of nothingness.
   ***********
   Hiccup exploded awake, panting frantically for air. He looked around the bed frantically, searching for Astrid.
   She had already been sitting up, women by Hiccup's sleep talking. She grabbed his shoulders. "Hiccup-Hiccup! Settle down! It was just a dream! I'm right here."
   "Astrid!"
   "It's me, it's me! I'm right here." Astrid cupped his cheeks in her hands. "It's ok. I'm ok. We're ok."
   Hiccup's hands came up to her cheeks as well, and they pressed their foreheads together. Hiccup couldn't do anything but just sit there panting, and holding Astrid. Realizing she was in fact alive, and he was touching her beautiful soft skin.
   "I think I'd die if I ever lost you.." He panted.
   Astrid smiled, placing a kiss on his lips. "It's a good thing you're never going to loose me then. I'm right here, Hiccup. Take a deep breath,"
   He did as he was told.
   "There you go," She said soothingly. "Everything's alright. It was just a dream."
   Hiccup nodded, still slightly shaken, but starting to calm down. "J-just a dream."
   "I love you, Hiccup. I'm always gonna be here with you. No matter what."