Be Sweet

*I know Fishlegs x Ruffnut turned out to be cannon, but I can't see it! Fishlegs belongs to Heather!!! And Snotlout and Ruffnut would be so cute!! And let's not mention funny.. In my eyes at least😂 So bare with me guys I'm sorry😂*
Astrid and Ruffnut were sitting on a cliff side, just talking. Both had needed a little girl time.
"So tell me," Ruffnut smirked. "How's Hiccup treating you?"
Astrid chuckled. "A couple years late to be asking that question isn't it? Hiccup treats me very well. I couldn't live without him, if I'm being completely honest. He's so sweet all the time too."
"Pff who needs that? Cuteness? Snotlout is much better."
Astrid rolled her eyes playfully. "No girl ever complains about their boyfriend being cute."
Ruff started to draw with a stick in the dirt. "What could Hiccup possibly be doing to be sooo cute?"
She shrugged. "It's the little things. He rubs my back when I'm on my period, and he holds my hair back when I'm sick. Also, I don't mean to brag, but he is the world's best cuddler."
Ruffnut suddenly realized, that did sound nice. Why didn't Snotlout do that stuff for her?
"He... he does that stuff for you?"
As Astrid got up she wasn't looking at Ruff, so she didn't see her smile falter. "Well I'll see you later. I have a date with Hiccup in like, ten minutes. Bye!"
"Bye.." Ruffnut muttered.
***********
"So," Hiccup smiled, pecking Astrid's cheek. "How was your talk with Ruffnut today?"
Astrid smiled, tossing a grape into Hiccup's mouth from their picnic. "It was fun. We talked about how sweet you were."
"Sweet?" Hiccup got a mischievous smirk across his face. "How dare you?" He grabbed her and startled tickling her. "I, Chief Hiccup, Sweet? Impossible I say!!"
"Hiccup!" Astrid giggled. "Stop it!" She tried to get away, but Hiccup kept pulling her back.
"Take it back!" Hiccup couldn't help but laugh too, his fingers gliding against Astrid's stomach.
"But it's true!" Astrid squirmed, frantically trying to push Hiccup's hands off, but they kept coming back.
"Take it back!!"
"Wait Wait Wait! Time out!"
Hiccup stopped, but still held her firm in his lap. "What?" He smiled. "Gonna beg for mercy?"
Astrid smirked,ripped away from Hiccup before he could realize what was happening, then pulled his arm behind his back.
"Awe come on!!"
"Admit it! You're sweet!"
Hiccup winced as she pushed his arm back a little further. "I am not!"
"Say it!" Astrid smirked again.
"Ok ok I'm sweet!"
Astrid finally released his arm. "I win!" As Hiccup rolled his eyes at her, she pecked his cheek lovingly. "I love you."
"I love you too," He chuckled, shaking his head. "Always."
*******
That next day, Hiccup was in the great hall doing chiefly things, when Snotlout came running up to him.
"HICCUP! You gotta help me!!"
Hiccup's eyes widened. "Snotlout what is going on? You never ask for my help... like...ever."
"Ruffnut is really mad at me."
"Isn't she always mad at you?"
"Hiccup this is serious!!"
Hiccup sighed and put his pencil down. "Ok, fine. I'm listening. What's up?"
"I don't even know." Snotlout said sadly as he sat down. "She just keeps pushing me away."
Hiccup gasped, realizing why was wrong. "Her talk with Astrid yesterday must have made her think differently! Ohh you'd better yo your game Snotlout." Hiccup chuckled.
"She keeps complaining that I'm not "sweet" enough! I am sweet!"
Hiccup arched an eyebrow.
"What?" He asked in an offended voice. "I am!"
"Do you rub her back when she's on her period?"
"No.."
"Change the sheets?"
"Ew no! She's the one that makes that bloody mess!"
Hiccup hung his head back in frustration. "Snotlout!"
"That stuff doesn't mean I'm not sweet!"
"Do you cook for her, or is she the one doing everything all the time?"
"Well... that's a woman's job.."
"Snotlout! You need to help around for one thing! No wonder she's angry with you!"
Hiccup couldn't believe this! How was Ruffnut still with him at this point?! He facepalmed. "Please tell me you hold her hair back when she's sick.."
Snotlout looked down shamefully.
"SNOTLOUT!! That's boyfriend 101!! Hold her hair back when she's sick! Every guy knows that! Oh my Thor!"
"Hiccup just tell me what to do! I don't wanna lose her!"
"Ok, ok. Just go home, and try to make it up to her. Just... be a good boyfriend. Be sweet! Because, every girl deserves one. I knew that when I come home to Astrid, I couldn't do anything without her. She's my everything, and I'll always do whatever I can to make her happy. Whether it be doing the dishes, rubbing her back even when she doesn't ask for it, of just.. bein' there for her."
As Snotlout left, Astrid appeared from the door she was hiding behind.
"Awwweee."
This resulted in Hiccup to blush. "You heard all of that huh?"
Astrid walked up to him, smiling. "I did. You're so sw-"
"Don't say it." He chuckled, pulling her into her him.
Astrid ruffled his hair. "Now all you gotta do is learn to be more unexpected."
Hiccup suddenly twirled Astrid around, then placed a hand on her back and lowered her downward, and kissed her. When they broke apart, Hiccup smirked and said "That unexpected enough?"