A Good Day

Hiccup smiled as he ran the soap through her hair, scrubbing gently. She leaned back into him with a sigh of content.
   "I wish we had time to do this more often." She said softly.
   "Me too," he grinned. "Rinse."
   Astrid slowly submerged herself under the water, rinsing all of the soap out of her blonde hair. Then she popped upward again and leaned back into her loving husband's arms, her head against his chest. His ran along her arms, causing goose bumps to rise on her skin.
   "Are you cold?"
   "Mmm." She shook her head and sighed again, deeper this time.
   Hiccup kissed the top of her head and sunk a little lower into the water. "What are you thinking about?" He whispered.
   "Us. You. How happy I am right now. My heart is so full right now, Hiccup."
   "Mine too, M'lady."
   Astrid then smirked. "Okay, dunk. My turn."
   Hiccup rolled his eyes before sinking under the water. "I am perfectly capable of washing my own hai—" Astrid forced him under before he could finish his sentence. She burst out laughing when he popped up out of the water, running a hand through his hair to get it out of his face. He then adopted a playful, albeit naughty smirk.
   "You little shit. C'mere!" He launched for her but Astrid was ready. "I don't think so!" She dodged his arms and dove under the water and swam away from the shallows.
   "Ohh it is on!" Hiccup growled, diving after her.
   Astrid popped up for air, turning around to see if she could spot Hiccup. She saw air bubbles heading in her direction and took a deep breath... then was forced to let it out in a loud squeak. It was too late! She felt his arms wrap around her body as he came up beneath her so that she was now sitting on his shoulders.
   "So not fair, Hiccup!" She giggled.
   He looked up at her with the sexiest grin he had and she hated him for it because she knew she couldn't beat that!
   "Once again, not fair!"
   "Here, I'll show you not fair!" He laughed.
   Astrid gasped. "Hiccup Haddock don't you dare—!"
   YEET! Hiccup grabbed her calves and launched her backward off of him and straight into the water! "AH!" She squealed.
   She burst out of the water seconds later to see Hiccup facing her with a triumphant grin and his arms crossed across his bare chest.
   "You jackass!" She splashed him.
   He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against him, planting a sweet, wet kiss on her lips. "You love me."
   "I do love you. Now sit still, your hair is still dirty."
   "Oh good gods woman!"
***********
    "Rinse."
   Hiccup ducked under the water, effectively rinsing the soap out of his auburn hair. When he came up again he ran a hand through it, shaking it free of cold droplets and keeping it out of his eyes.
   He saw Astrid blush a bright pink. "What?"
   "It's so hot when you do that." She blushed deeper.
   He chuckled in attempts to hide his own blush. How they were married and yet still managed to make each other blush? He didn't know.
   The two stayed in the water for a while after that, cocooned in each other's arms and listening to each other breathe... chatting about this and that.
   It was almost sunset but the time Hiccup suggested they head home.
   "But it's so peaceful hereee." Astrid whined as she followed Hiccup onto the sand. "I wish we could stay forever."
   "Me too." He replied as he turned to toss the girl her clothes. Instead he saw her staring at him with a smirk.
   "Enjoying the view there, babe?"
   "Mmhmm."
   Hiccup burst out laughing and pulled his pants on. It was rare he and his wonderful wife found time to play around and be themselves together...alone. It had been a good day.