Am I Enough?

He looked at the other boys. Slightly taller, much more muscular, stronger. He looked at his own arms, toned for sure, from years of inventing and forge work, but not near as muscular as the other boys'.
He hated the quad-tribe celebrations. Once every four years, three neighboring tribes visited Berk for a huge night of parties and dancing and eating. Once every four years, teenage men bigger than Hiccup invaded his safe place. Once every four years, Hiccup became extremely insecure.
He sighed and squeezed Astrid's hand before dropping it. "I'm gonna go see how things are lookin' at the forge. Gobber could probably use a hand."
Astrid shot him a suspicious look. "Sure you don't want to greet the tribes when they arrive?"
"Yea, I'm sure." He smiled weakly, standing from the dock he and Astrid were sitting on. He hand indents on his legs from the spaces in the wood.
"I'll see you later?" Astrid tugged on his shirt slightly, knowing something was wrong.
"Mmhmm."
************a few hours later*******
"Now what in Thor's name are you doing in here?"
"Oh you know... just..making dragon saddles! Helping the village out one saddle at a time..."
"Mmhmmm." Gobber eyed him suspiciously. "Won't Astrid be wonderin' where yeh are?"
Hiccup shrugged. "She knows where to find me."
"Yes, I do."
Hiccup looked up to see Astrid in the doorway with her arms crossed against her chest. "Why are you hiding away in here?"
"That's exactly what I was wonderin'!" Gobber said.
"I'm not hiding." He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. "I just felt like being here today, that's all."
Astrid rolled her eyes and walked up to him, planting a quick kiss on his tender lips. "C'mon. Let's go for a walk."
Seeing as he didn't have much choice in the matter, Hiccup followed her out of the forge. She held her hand back and he took it, catching up with her.
It was getting dark out now. Just enough light left to see where they were going. Not that the two needed any light anyways. They knew Berk like the back of their hands.
"Spit it out." Astrid said once they made it to the planks that lead out to the docks. The same spot Astrid had summed everything up. Was she going to do it again?
"Astrid what do you want me to say?" He dropped her hand and leaned against the rocks, feeling stuck and just plain upset.
"Anything. Talk to me, Hiccup. What's going on? Is it the other tribes?"
"You've seen the other couples, Astrid. All of those guys are big and tall and strong and full of muscles, and cocky and I'm...well I'm me. I small and whimpy. It's not fair to you. I'm not nearly as good looking as them and I'm sure those other girls just love to brag about it."
   Astrid grabbed his arm and rolled up his sleeve, holding it outward slightly.
  "What are you doing?" He arched an eyebrow at her.
   "Flex."
   "Why?"
   "Just do it."
   Hiccup did as he was told and Astrid smiled at him as she squeezed the toned muscle that bulged out. "Small and whimpy? That is what good muscle looks like. The huge arms those guys have are so veiny and just plain unattractive to me, Hiccup.  And can you imagine how uncomfortable they are to sleep on? Your arms are literally one of the things I find most attractive about you."
   Hiccups lips turned upward slightly. "Really?"
   "Yes." She nodded. "And you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. And another thing, have you noticed how dumb all of those beastly looking guys are? They're just plain stupid, Hiccup." She let out a giggle. "And you are so smart. And kind, caring, and thoughtful. And brave. I need you to believe me when I tell you that I love you. I love you for you. Your dorky sense of humor and that big great smile of yours. I love the way you care about other people's feelings and the way you scratch your head when your thinking. I don't care about big muscles and nuts for brains. I care about you."
   Hiccup's face spread into a wide smile and he pulled Astrid in for a hug, enjoying the feel of the cool summer air against her soft skin.
   "Thank you, Astrid."
   "You're welcome, ya muttonhead." She giggled, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck. "I love you."