14

Sabrina's POV

As I was walking in the hallway of Y/N's house I heard heavy breathing and then a loud thud followed by other things falling.

I tried opening the door, only to discover that it was locked.

"Baby, are you okay in there?" I asked, putting my ear up to the door.

No answer.

"I'm coming in."

"Wait, d-don't break d-down my d-door." Y/N stuttered out, try to sound calm but I could hear the panick and sadness in her voice.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"I said it was nothing. Please just-," There was a pause followed by a deep sigh.

"Okay." I answered and walk down the hallway, making sure that my footsteps were heard before silently going back to her room.

I heard sniffling and then something opening and closing. I unlocked her door with a spare key that she gave me. She didn't say that I couldn't come in, but just to not break down her door again .

I leaned against the door frame, but still she didn't notice me. She was looking at the wall, silent tears rolling down her face. Then she started rolling up her sleeve and she grabbed something small and silver. She took a deep breath and put it against her skin, and I could tell that she was debating if she could bring herself to do it.

"Please don't do it, babygirl." I spoke up and grabbed the razor from her hand. She looked up, but made sure to avoid eye contact with me. I pulled her onto her bed and sat her down on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her to hold her in a protective embrace.

"Could you tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

No response. She just focused at a random spot on the wall and stared.

"Do you want to talk to your therapist about it?" She shook her head no.

"Why were you trying to hurt yourself?" Her breathing hitched and her hand started shaking.

I sighed and shook my head. "I'm not going to make you tell me." She didn't respond back and my eyes scanned the room for clues that might help me figure out what triggered her. My eyes then landed on a stack of letters then a video of her on her computer.

I leaned over and turned her computer towards us. I almost pressed play, but then the computer was shut closed after one swift movement of her hand. "Is that what triggered you?" I asked.

Again no response.

"Y/N-" She cut me off short.

"Just go." She said, monotoned, and stood up. "I don't want you to even be near me right now."

"Did I do something?" I stood up and took a step forward, to which she backed up.

"I said to leave. Just leave me alone." She said.

"What did I do?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Not everything is about you. So get out." I opened my mouth to speak, but she shook her head. "It wasn't a request or question."

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. "Wow, okay." I put my hands up in surrender. "I'll just leave."

...
Y/N's POV

Why did I tell her to leave? I don't want to be left alone. I don't trust myself  to be alone...

"What is wrong with me?"