CHAPTER FOUR

Jungkook sat on the small mattress that lay on the floor, chewing on his nail as he stared blankly ahead of him. Yoongi had disappeared and Jungkook was still too scared from his previous experience to attempt another escape, which had been Yoongi's plan all along.

Yoongi had known Taehyung would attack Jungkook, and he figured that the only way to make Jungkook stay with him was to scare him. Yoongi, of course, wouldn't have let Jungkook die. He'd followed silently behind, going unnoticed by Jungkook.

Now he was off finding food for Jungkook, because he didn't have any food suitable for a human. Yoongi lived on hearts, but he kind of figured that wasn't really human appropriate. Jungkook'd probably vomit.

"What are you doing, Gumiho?" Yoongi scowled, looking up at the pixie that was buzzing around his head. He swatted at it, but it flew out of his reach, poking its tongue out at him.

"None of your business, Pixie." The pixie chuckled, flying around Yoongi's head.

The problem with living in a forest that seemed to contain almost every single mythical creature possible is that you had to put up with the irritating ones. The pixie, Hoseok, was one of them, who seemed to take delight in making Yoongi's life miserable. He was usually accompanied by Seokjin, who was a slightly nicer fairy but Hoseok brought out the worst in him. Hoseok brought out the worst in everyone.

"I heard there was a human in the forest." Hoseok said, hovering near Yoongi's head. "Have you eaten it yet?"

"He has a bad heart, he is of no use to me." Yoongi said, much to Hoseok's delight.

"Does that mean we can have him? Can we play with the human?" He asked hopefully, daringly moving closer to Yoongi.

"No." Hoseok sighed and pouted, his shoulders slumping as he hovered in the one spot. Yoongi ignored him and continued walking.

"But if you don't want him then-"

"No." Yoongi frowned at Hoseok. Hoseok sighed again and watched as the tip of Yoongi's nose darkened and his skin started to change colour. Fur sprouted out where skin had previously been and his body began to transform into that of a fox's. His clothes fell down on the ground as he grew to small for them, lying in a heap.

"If you touch a single hair on the human's head, I will eat your tiny heart." Yoongi said telepathically, glaring up at Hoseok. "Make sure the rest of the forest knows that. The human is mine, and anyone who wants to challenge that will have to deal with me."

Hoseok nodded and Yoongi padded off, going to steal some food from the human world.

-

"Yoongi hyung said that?" Namjoon asked after Hoseok had told everyone Yoongi's warning. Hoseok nodded, flitting from side to side. Namjoon frowned, nodding slowly. "So what does that mean about us without hearts?"

Namjoon was a vampire, so although technically he had a heart, it wasn't functional and it hadn't been for quite sometime. Namjoon was a bit of a left-wing vampire; he supported equal rights to vampires and worked hard to break the vampire stereotypes.
He was also a vegetarian.

"Well I suppose Yoongi hyung will just kill you very slowly..." Hoseok mused. "He'd probably get a stake, and slowly drive it into your chest... He'd probably get one that gives you loads of splinters, so you'd be dying and you'd have splinters." Namjoon shuddered.

"Let's not touch that human..."

-

"Here, eat as much as you want." Yoongi said as he dumped the food he'd collected in front of Jungkook, who hadn't moved from the bed. Jungkook slowly looked up at Yoongi.

Yoongi signed, noticing the redness and puffiness of Jungkook's eyes. He slowly moved closer to Jungkook, hesitantly reaching out to him.

"I want to go home." Jungkook said quietly.

"You need to eat." Yoongi said, pushing the food closer to Jungkook. He picked up one of the grapes he'd managed to steal and pressed it against Jungkook's lips. "Eat."

Jungkook hesitantly opened his mouth, letting Yoongi push the grape inside. Yoongi grinned, his tails swishing around behind him.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you here." Yoongi pat Jungkook's head, the way a person would a dog. "You've just got to stay here for a little while, until I know you won't tell anyone, okay?"

Yoongi continued to smile in an attempt to seem friendly, but all he really did was look slightly creepy.

The smile only revealed his fangs...

-

-

-