CHAPTER NINE

NOTE: the start of this is a flashback-dream

"Come on, Jungkook, the water's fine!" Jimin said as he waded through the icy cold water of the lake that was just outside of his house. He'd discarded his shirt at the shore and was showing off the reason most of the girls at school loved him.

"Hyung, it's winter and you're swimming in a lake that is always cold. That water is not fine!" Jungkook said, feeling cold for Jimin. Jimin just laughed, shaking his head as he lowered his body into the water.

"It's not even that cold... Come on." Jungkook shook his head as Jimin beckoned. "Come on." Jungkook shook his head again. "Kookie~ Jiminie wants some company in the water~"

"Well Jiminie can go find someone else because I'm not coming in." Jimin huffed and got out of the water, pouting at Jungkook.

"You're no fun." Jungkook just shrugged. Jimin then made his move, wrapping his wet arms around Jungkook's waist and throwing him over his shoulder. Jungkook squealed (though he'd later deny it) as Jimin ran back into the water.

Jimin then threw Jungkook into the water, chuckling evilly as he watched Jungkook splutter and splash around. Jungkook glared at him as he stood back up, shivering. His teeth chattered loudly as he slowly froze in the icy cold lake.

"S-Seriously, how can you s-say this-s isn't cold?" Jungkook said, stuttering slightly due to the cold.

"It's genuinely not cold to me." Jimin replied, meaning it. The water wasn't massively cold to Jimin. "Come on, let's get you out before you freeze."

Jimin led Jungkook out of the water, helping him out of his wet shirt and wrapping his arms around him. Despite the coolness of his skin due to the water, Jimin's body heat managed to warm Jungkook up slightly and they stood there for a little while. Jungkook continued to tremble against Jimin, his face resting in the crook of his neck. Jimin hugged him tighter as the sun slowly came out from behind the clouds, provided a little bit more warmth.

Jimin smiled, looking up at the sky. Jungkook tilted his head just enough so he could also see the sky, and the pair stared at it in silence.

Jungkook sat up suddenly in Yoongi's bed, realising it was just a dream. He wasn't back with Jimin, he was still stuck in Yoongi's den. His cheeks felt wet and he realised he'd been crying in his sleep.

"Kookie?" Yoongi said, half-asleep. He lit the candle on the bedside table and sleepily looked up at Jungkook. His eyes widened and he sat up instantly when he realised Jungkook was crying. "Jungkook, what's wrong?"

"I...I want to go home..." Jungkook sobbed as Yoongi cupped both his cheeks, wiping the tears that kept falling away. "I miss my friend and I miss my mum and dad... Please, I won't tell anyone about you."

Yoongi sighed as he moved closer to Jungkook, still wiping the tears away. He reached out and pat Jungkook's head, which seemed to be his go to gesture when he had to comfort someone. Yoongi struggled with expressing his emotions sometimes, which had resulted in him in the past saying "I want to eat you" when he really meant "I like you".
Though sometimes he meant he wanted to eat the person...

Jungkook then, desperate for some form of actual comfort, hugged Yoongi, sobbing into his chest. It took Yoongi a couple of seconds but then he hugged back. He continued to pat his hair though, genuinely believing it was the best way to comfort someone.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook, but I can't trust you just yet..." Yoongi said quietly. "But, but, tomorrow we can go into town if you want. We can go buy some snacks and then bring them back here. You just have to promise not to run off."

"I promise." Jungkook said as he looked up at Yoongi. He sniffed, wiping his cheeks. Yoongi smiled, the candles the shadow caused making him look creepy.

"Good, because if you don't, I will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep."

-

-

-