CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"What'd you do to him?" Jungkook asked, looking down at the unconscious Jimin. He'd been out for a while now.

"We just sent him into Taehyung's memories. It's a thing we discovered he could do when we played spin-the-bottle a couple of years back." Yoongi shrugged.

"I can control when I do it, I would like to point that. I've had plenty of mermaids to practise on." Taehyung added. Jungkook looked down at Jimin as he groaned, scrunching his eye up. His eyes then fluttered open, and he brought his hands up to his head.

"Jungkook, I just had the weirdest dream..." Jimin said as he sat up. Jungkook sighed, wondering if that was all in vain. "Oh..."

The whole kissing thing just came flooding back to Jimin and he slowly looked up at Taehyung, pointing at him.

"You kissed me... And then I..." Jimin frowned, looking at Jungkook. "What the heck is going on?"

-

Yoongi sighed, looking up at the starry sky as he rubbed his temple. He'd just sat through Jungkook explaining everything to Jimin, who seemed to require everything to be gone over twice before he wrapped his head around it.

All Yoongi wanted to do was sleep, but that seemed to be the complete opposite of what Jungkook and Jimin wanted to do. They were still chatting in the den, Jimin telling Jungkook everything he'd missed in the human world.

Yoongi also desperately wanted to eat a human's heart, and having someone with a perfectly fine heart was not helping him. Usually, he was able to ignore Jungkook's because it was weak and not something that Yoongi wanted to eat, but when Jimin was there all he could think about was ripping open Jimin's chest and pulling his heart from it.

Yoongi turned into a fox and wandered out into the forest. A couple of imps sat on a branch nearby but they knew not to mess with Yoongi. There were a few times when Yoongi hadn't been particularly fussy about what the species something was, and had eaten the hearts of people who'd annoyed him.

Yoongi walked past Seokjin, who was sitting with Hoseok. Hoseok frowned at Yoongi as he passed, while Seokjin just waved. Yoongi nodded in response and continued walking.

All Yoongi could think about was Jungkook... and eating hearts. He wanted to go cleanse Jungkook's lips after he technically kissed Jimin, but then he couldn't because he'd already cashed in his kiss and Jimin was there. The nightlife in the forest weren't helping his desire to eat hearts either. He could smell blood (probably Seokjin) and it was seriously setting off his cravings.

Yoongi wasn't sure he'd last the night...

Temporarily distracted by the scent of blood, Yoongi didn't notice the hole in the ground until it was too late. He fell down and set off the trap, closing off the only escape.

Darkness enveloped Yoongi, and he found himself surrounded by wall. He could barely move, let alone turn back into a human to free himself, that'd only get him even more stuck.

Yoongi felt panic bubble inside of him, the trap setting off his claustrophobia. He scratched at the dirt, whining. He howled, trying to get someone's attention. Anyone's.

When Yoongi was still a pup, a witch locked him in a painting. He'd been stuck in the painting for centuries, stuck in a small, dark place. As Hoseok had said, he still suffered from claustrophobia.

Yoongi's scratched became more frantic and he began to switch between his forms, unable to control it in his panic.

"Umma!" He yelled, still whining. Growing bigger meant he had less space and that only made his claustrophobia worse. "Umma!"

Yoongi continued to call for his mum, though she had been dead for centuries now. She'd been killed by the villagers that had feared Gumiho due to the rumours spread by witches and other humans. Witches and Gumiho had never really gotten along.

Light filled the small hole as someone lifted the top of the hole. There was a sigh from the person who'd freed him.

"Did you really fall into an imp's trap?" Yoongi looked up at the woman who stood above him, unable to completely make out who she was due to the light being behind her. He could still recognise that voice though. "You're still as pathetic as when we used to hang out."

-

-

-