CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Yoongi and Woozi both lay in bed, Woozi in Yoongi's arms. They hadn't woken up much that day, and when they had they'd both been pretty out of it. Woozi was still in pain and the withdrawals Yoongi had been trying to suppress were starting to catch up on him.

Jungkook had to keep Jeonghan entertained so that he didn't wake the other two up. He was currently sitting in on the couch, reading him one of the story books Yoongi had stolen. Jeonghan leaned against Jungkook, his head resting on his arm.

"I don't want Woozi to hurt because of me." Jeonghan said, making Jungkook pause. He looked down at Jeonghan, who was still staring at the book.

"He's not hurting because of you..." Jeonghan shook his head, looking up at Jungkook.

"He's not eating hearts so he can not live forever because of me, and it's making him hurt. It's all my fault." Jeonghan sniffed, tears beginning to fall down his cheeks.

"Aw, sweetie, it's not your fault." Jungkook pulled Jeonghan up into his lap, gently wiping his tears away. "Woozi wants to be human, it's his choice."

"But if I could live forever then he wouldn't have to become human." Jungkook sighed and kissed Jeonghan's forehead. He then hugged Jeonghan to his chest, gently stroking his long hair. Jeonghan cried as he clung to Jungkook, guilt filling him.

Jungkook looked up when he heard the sound of someone walking and saw Woozi running out of the bedroom. Woozi ran over to the couch and climbed up next to Jungkook and Jeonghan. Jeonghan looked at Woozi, his eyes and face red from crying, and Woozi reached out to hold his hand.

"Don't cry, Jeonghan." Woozi said and Jeonghan left Jungkook's lap to hug Woozi. Jungkook smiled slightly as the pair hugged. "You shouldn't cry."

"I'm sorry you're hurting, Woozi." Jeonghan said quietly, sniffing again. Woozi smiled at him, kissing his cheek.

"It's okay, Jeonghan, it doesn't hurt that much. I'm feeling better now." Woozi continued to kiss Jeonghan, trying to make him feel better. "Just be happy."

Jeonghan chuckled as he wiped his tears away, sniffing.

"Come on, you two, let's read a story..." Jungkook said and the two quickly climbed into his lap, both now smiling. Jungkook picked up the book he'd been reading to Jeonghan before and started reading it from the start again. Woozi looked at Jeonghan and smiled, holding his hand, before looking back at the pictures in the book.

Jeonghan snuggled closer to Jungkook and Woozi, resting his head on Woozi's shoulder.

"I love you, Woozi." He whispered, though it was loud enough for Woozi and Jungkook to hear.

"I love you too, Jeonghan."

-

Yoongi blinked a couple of times as he walked out of the bedroom, wondering why it was so quiet. He scratched his head, his stomach growling.

He walked into the lounge room and smiled, seeing Jungkook, Woozi and Jeonghan. The three had fallen asleep on the couch, and the two children were asleep in Jungkook's lap while Jungkook had his arms around them.

Yoongi sat down next to them and kissed Jungkook's cheek, waking him up. Jungkook smiled sleepily as he looked at him, yawning a little.

"How's Woozi?" Yoongi asked, looking down at the sleeping child.

"He said he was fine, but I don't know if that was to comfort Jeonghan or not." Jungkook gently stroked Woozi's hair, and the boy made a little noise in his sleep. Yoongi looked down at him for a few more seconds before looking back up at Jungkook.

"Thank you for staying here and helping me." Yoongi said and Jungkook smiled.

"It's alright, but I don't know why that requires thanking. I wasn't going anywhere..."

"No, I just mean..." Yoongi huffed, trying to express what he was feeling. "I mean, thank you for not leaving me when you had the chance. And... thank you for being my boyfriend and I don't know." Yoongi huffed again, unable to word how he felt.

In the end, he decided the best thing to was kiss Jungkook. When they parted due to a lack of oxygen, Yoongi whispered what he'd been trying to say, the words finally coming to him.

"I love you, Jungkook."

-

-

-