CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"I don't want to go in there." Woozi said quietly as they walked up to the Gumiho witch's house. Kris had left them a little while ago, at a clearing he could land in.

"I'm sorry, Woozi, but we have to." Woozi sighed, going back to his usual position.

Jungkook and Jeonghan walked next to Yoongi, Jeonghan now walking and holding Jungkook's hand. He looked wide-eyed up at the house, his previous excitement gone.

"So what are we doing, hyung?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi hadn't really told him anything about what they were doing, he'd just made them all come.

"Oh, we're taking Woozi to the closest thing Gumiho have to a doctor." Yoongi said, looking at Jungkook. "The woman who lives here is a Gumiho, but she's also a witch, which is pretty rare because witches and Gumiho don't get along."

"Oh." Jungkook looked back at the house, nodding.

"If anyone knows what's wrong with Woozi, it's her."

By now they'd reached the house and were standing in front of the door. Woozi groaned quietly as Yoongi knocked on the door, not wanting to see the woman.

"She's a witch..." Woozi said quietly, shoving his face in Yoongi's shoulder. Jungkook watched Woozi, wondering what was so bad about this woman. Then he thought about it, remembering Woozi was still a baby, and realised it was probably like most babies' reactions to going to the doctors.

The door opened revealing a younger looking woman, not really the normal witch stereotype. She looked at Yoongi and Woozi and smiled slightly. And by slightly I mean the corner of her lip twitched.

"Yoongi. What do you want?" She asked, frowning slightly.

"It's Woozi, he hurts all over." The witch sighed, stepping aside.

"Bring him in." Yoongi smiled gratefully as he walked past, Jungkook and Jeonghan close behind. "Who's your friends?"

"Ah, this is Jungkook and Jeonghan. Jungkook and Jeonghan, this is GaIn." GaIn nodded at the pair before gesturing to put Woozi down on the bench. Woozi refused to let go of Yoongi for a few moments before he eventually let Yoongi sit him down. He looked close to tears as GaIn looked at him, and he refused to take his eyes off Yoongi.

"Alright, I'm done." As soon as GaIn had said that, Woozi got straight back into Yoongi's arms. He clung to Yoongi, staring warily at GaIn.

"So do you know why he hurts?"

"He's not eating hearts, isn't he?" GaIn asked and Yoongi nodded. "What he is experiencing is simply withdrawal symptoms and side effects of becoming human."

GaIn disappeared into another room before returning, carrying a couple of bottles.

"Basically, he's a baby who has never gone without hearts, this is all new to his body. Plus, the magic is leaving his body, and that's not a simple process." She continued, handing Yoongi the bottles she'd grabbed. "There's no way I can get rid of the pain, but if it gets too much, just give him some of this. It'll knock him out and he won't have to experience the pain."

"Thank you." GaIn nodded, her ears turning slightly as she looked around.

"So you're both going human, huh?" She asked as she stopped looking around and just looked at them. "You do realise that we don't actually have any proof the rumours work?"

"Yeah, we know. But we're going to try anyway."

"I don't want to live forever." Woozi said, finding his voice. "I'm going to die with Jeonghan."

GaIn nodded slowly as she frowned at Woozi. Woozi then waved at Jeonghan, who smiled and waved back.

"Well, good luck." GaIn said. "You'll probably need it..."

-

-

-