CHAPTER FIVE

A man hugged his coat tighter around him as he walked down the dark alleyway, eager to get home to his wife and kid. He had to work the night shifts at the local supermarket, and he often walked home due to the short distance between his work and home.

There was the sound of two feet tapping on to the ground and the man looked over his shoulder quickly. He paused when he saw a figure standing behind him, turning around slowly. The person had a bunch of tails, which were twitching behind him.

"Wh-Who are you?" He stammered, trying to sound as brave as he could. The person grinned, their teeth shining in the moonlight. The man took a step back, turning to run when he felt something suddenly push him into the wall with an inhuman force.

"Your worst nightmare." The man gasped as he felt a sudden pain in his chest. His shirt started to feel warm and sticky, making him frown. The person was grinning as he pulled his hands out of the man's chest, ending his life.

Yoongi moaned as he bit into the heart, having missed the taste of fresh heart. A dead person's heart would suffice, but nothing beat the taste of a heart fresh from a human's chest.

Blood ran down Yoongi's chin and arms, dirtying his shirt. He licked his bloodied fingers and wiped the blood from his chin with his arm.

Yoongi then picked up the dead body and threw it over his shoulder, beginning his walk back to the forest. One of the creatures in the forest would take care of the body, and then the most they'd have to deal with is the family and friends.

Yoongi laughed as he walked home, the fresh heart causing a sort of high. Yoongi really, really liked human hearts, so it was a good thing he was a Gumiho.

There was a rumour that if a Gumiho didn't eat a human heart for a hundred days, the Gumiho would lose all its magical abilities and become human. Yoongi could never understand why a Gumiho would go without eating a heart, hearts were the best. Yoongi couldn't go a day without eating a heart, let alone a hundred.

Now that, that would be living Hell for Yoongi. Nothing could ever make him go that long without eating a heart...

-

Jungkook watched silently as a nine-tailed fox padded into the bedroom, its fur matter with blood. Jungkook had a feeling it wasn't the fox's blood, so he ignored it.

Yoongi jumped on to the bed and sat down, staring up at Jungkook. The only way Jungkook could tell it was Yoongi was the eyes. Yoongi is fox-form had the same golden eyes he had when he was in his human form.

"Are you going to just sit there as a fox or are you going to turn human?" Jungkook asked, looking down at Yoongi. Yoongi stared at Jungkook for a few seconds before slowly changing back in a human.

As soon as Yoongi had transformed, Jungkook yelped and covered his eyes, not expecting Yoongi to be naked. Yoongi chuckled as he got up and put some clothes on.

"You can look now." Yoongi said once he had some pants on. He didn't bother with a shirt because he had dried blood running from his chin to his collarbone and up his arms, and he didn't particularly want to dirty another shirt for the sake of the human.

Jungkook slowly moved his hand, and blushed when he realised Yoongi was shirtless. He looked down at the mattress, while Yoongi walked around the room, looking for a towel.

"I'm going to go get clean." Yoongi said. Jungkook nodded, not looking up. Yoongi stared at him for a few seconds before walking out into the cold night. "Hi hyung."

Seokjin looked up, leaning back on his heels as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He was messier than Yoongi.

"Thanks for the food." Seokjin said, gesturing at what remained of the dead body. Although being a fairy, Seokjin had acquired the taste of flesh. However, he only ate dead bodies, he did have some morals.

Yoongi just nodded at him and continued walking to the lake. Once he'd reached it, he stripped down to his briefs. He didn't undress completely because he knew he was definitely not alone and didn't particularly want people checking him out.

He hesitantly hopped into the icy water, shivering as it touched his skin. He quickly began to wash the blood off his skin, wanting to get this ordeal over and done with.

"Where is the human?" Taehyung asked, appearing next to Yoongi. Yoongi looked up at him, pausing in his scrubbing.

"Home. What are you doing so close to the shallows." Taehyung scrunched his nose up.

"Mermaids are having a party." He said. Yoongi nodded slowly, continuing to wash the blood off him. "You missed a spot."

"Thanks." Taehyung and Yoongi then sat in silence as Yoongi cleaned himself. Taehyung stared out at the lake, which sparkled under the moonlight. Somewhere out there, there were a bunch of teenage mermaids having a party, The Lady of the Lake was probably reading a book and a shapeshifter was probably fishing. That's what happened almost every night.

"He's cute." Yoongi paused again, looking back up at Taehyung.

"Who?"

"Jungkook." Yoongi was silent for a few seconds as he thought about this. He then smiled, chuckling slightly.

"Yeah, he is pretty cute, for a human..."

-

-

-